Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sepp Bladder gives advice to gay football fans

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
When asked if gays should be concerned about homosexuality being illegal in Qater he said that they 'should refrain from sexual activities'.

From the Guardian

So,apart from it being too hot for football there's no drinking, very few recreational activities and now not gay friendly, yes what a brilliant idea it is to host a World Cup in Qatar. Bladder, piss off.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
oh. thats ok then.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
I'm sure the fat bloater will have died from a heart attack by then, but what a horrible fuckwit

timmy

Jan 21, 2010
Why do we have such idiots running football?
Not sure if you're aware but there's a Brighton-based campaign opposing homophobia in football called the Justin Campaign.
Unsurprisingly it said the following:

"The Justin Campaign is, once again, disgusted by comments made by FIFA president Sepp Blatter, this time in relation to members of the LGBT community travelling to the 2022 Qatar World Cup Finals.
"While awarding the 2022 competition to a country with an abysmal attitude to homosexuality is bad enough, Blatter has now claimed that gay supporters travelling to Qatar in 2022 should "refrain from any sexual activities". It has been suggested that these comments were made as some sort of joke, but whether serious or not, they highlighted FIFA's appalling attitude towards the world's LGBT community.
"Blatter consistently speaks of the importance of FIFA's legacy around the world.. Indeed one of FIFA's mission statements is to 'Develop the game, touch the world, build a better future'. Apparently, however, this "better future" does not include the world's LGBT community.
"In awarding the World Cup to Qatar, and indeed Russia, another country with a terrible record in its treatment of the LGBT community, FIFA have once again sent the LGBT community a message, a message that they simply don't exist in the eyes of FIFA. FIFA, and Blatter himself, should be utterly ashamed of themselves."

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Am I missing the point a bit here? If homosexuality is illegal in Qatar, however wrong that is, I don't think he can really advise people to break the law, can he?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Can I just point out, that football players can be gay too - I wonder what Blatter's advice to them would be. According to the German press, there were several gay players in the 2010 world cup.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Am I missing the point a bit here? If homosexuality is illegal in Qatar, however wrong that is, I don't think he can really advise people to break the law, can he?

I agree with that, however it does highlight how having the event there is so bloody wrong. And arguably if they are relaxing the alcohol laws why can't they relax this? The man is a complete cock though so frankly whatever abuse he comes in for I'm up for a bit of it. Just waiting for the next time a FIFA representative attends Wembley for an international. I'll be there with my big brown envelope.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Can I just point out, that football players can be gay too - I wonder what Blatter's advice to them would be. According to the German press, there were several gay players in the 2010 world cup.

According to the pack page of the Grauniad today there is a gay player who is of extremley high profile - apparently who, if declared the fact "could" almost single handedly change the face of homophobia in football. It doesn't say which countries league he plays in.

If fact, the story is a little ambiguous and it could be read either that there "is" this player (i.e. a definite unanmed player), or that the "very probably is" that player (going by all statitics and likelyhood).

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I agree with that, however it does highlight how having the event there is so bloody wrong. And arguably if they are relaxing the alcohol laws why can't they relax this? The man is a complete cock though so frankly whatever abuse he comes in for I'm up for a bit of it. Just waiting for the next time a FIFA representative attends Wembley for an international. I'll be there with my big brown envelope.

Correct, that was my point. :thumbsup:

Potters mate

Jan 22, 2004
Lewes
Surely if the law is applied, the team that wins the world cup will be arrested due to all the hugging and kissing that takes place when the final whistle goes?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Surely if the law is applied, the team that wins the world cup will be arrested due to all the hugging and kissing that takes place when the final whistle goes?

Well they won't be drinking champagne.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Lets be completely honest tho. At world cups there is not exactly "pride style preston park antics" going on is it?? Qatar will be no different in that respect.

But Bladder should have just kept his mouth shut.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Things you wont see at Qatar 2022:

Football_Fan08.jpg

105430E39-0.jpg

english_soccer_football_fans_germany_worldcup.jpg

DrunkFansCAVENDISH_450x300.jpg

sexy_world_cup_fans_47.jpg

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
According to the pack page of the Grauniad today there is a gay player who is of extremley high profile - apparently who, if declared the fact "could" almost single handedly change the face of homophobia in football. It doesn't say which countries league he plays in.

If fact, the story is a little ambiguous and it could be read either that there "is" this player (i.e. a definite unanmed player), or that the "very probably is" that player (going by all statitics and likelyhood).

My money's on Ronaldo.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
And we all need to stop talking about money now. Money has nothing to do with either of the two recent host nation decisions. It's all about promoting football in regions where it can do a power of good and break through cultural boundaries. Sepp can't die quickly enough in my opinion.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

But it's not illegal to drink in Qatar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here