Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sentanta has gone

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I was getting Setanta free with Virgin Media, so I'm disappointed to have to subscribe to ESPN now. What I don't understand is why Setanta only had 1.2million subscribers, surely Virgin should have done something? Surely they could have bought them out and then made them into a massive company, it wouldn't have been hard. They just needed to make themselves more professional in terms of pundits and coverage, and then they would have been fine. They had an incredible diversity of sports, how they've failed is beyond me. 1.2million subscribers is an absolute joke and whoever marketed them should never work again!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I was getting Setanta free with Virgin Media, so I'm disappointed to have to subscribe to ESPN now. What I don't understand is why Setanta only had 1.2million subscribers, surely Virgin should have done something? Surely they could have bought them out and then made them into a massive company, it wouldn't have been hard. They just needed to make themselves more professional in terms of pundits and coverage, and then they would have been fine. They had an incredible diversity of sports, how they've failed is beyond me. 1.2million subscribers is an absolute joke and whoever marketed them should never work again!

You didn't get it free.

Surely they could have bought them out and then made them into a massive company, it wouldn't have been hard.

:)

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
but how much is it going to cost?

On Digital Spy, it's frequently being mentioned that ESPN UK and ESPN HD is likely to be in the Sky HD pack for no extra charge. If you don't have a HD subscription then it'll likely be £6 a month on Sky.

hopefully virgin will have it free as they did with Setanta. Im having it installed tommorow and dont fancy extra costs!

Not the case, again on Digital Spy, it has been mentioned that ESPN UK and ESPN America will be £10 a month for both channels on Smergin Media.

Looks like ESPN might be getting UFC aswell! Come on :yahoo:

I think UFC 100 is going to be on Bravo the day afterwards

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
ESPN America is now free on Sky (Channel 417) as part of the news and something package. Shame its baseball at the moment but never mind

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
What will happen to the England games on setanta?

England home games and friendlies will be on ITV and ITV HD.

England's away game in Ukraine has yet to be decided but will either be on ITV or Sky Sports.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Can anyone 100% confirm where i will be able to watch UFC100?

I will be gutted if i don't get to see that event which is totally stacked with potentially awesome match ups!:clap:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Setanta were the worst company ever and deserved to go bust.

1) They had a customer service number that cost 40p a minute to call:angry:

2) Their customer service was awful and voted worst in country

3) Trying to cancel them was misson impossible

Im glad they have gone

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Can anyone 100% confirm where i will be able to watch UFC100?

I will be gutted if i don't get to see that event which is totally stacked with potentially awesome match ups!:clap:

No info as yet , I dont think it will be shown live in the UK but could end up on Bravo at the end of July.

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
I don't think this will be the case. From following what Dana White has said in recent days, he has firstly reassured UK fans that UFC100 will be live on UK tv and has also been mentioning Virgin1 on his twitter.

It looks like it could all turn out ok. I will be gutted if UFC100 is not shown live

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It looks like it could all turn out ok. I will be gutted if UFC100 is not shown live
remember justin.tv might stream UFC100 if you need to watch it live but in poor quality.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
ESPN are expected to announce the pricing of their sports package tommorrow , although ESPN America has been added to the News and Events package by Sky this could be only a short term measure to keep them on air until they sort things out. £6 a month would be ok , anymore then why should we have to pay to have the shit channels added in as well (Arsenal TV , Liverpool TV , Celtic TV and Rangers TV who are desperate for a return to satellite).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here