Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sentanta has gone

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
what does that mean for my subscription?

Actually, I had already cancelled it!

And I quite liked there "3 Lions Over the Cliff" effort, and Croatia vs England is still sitting on my Sky+ box!

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
All I care about is whether the baseball will still be shown this week.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
The Irish broadcaster Setanta Sports has gone into administration after failing to make a number of payments to sporting organisations.

The administrator Deloitte said that it would shortly cease broadcasting to customers in Great Britain but would continue to operate elsewhere.

They said they would immediately stop collecting subscription payments.

Two hundred employees involved with the British operations have been made redundant.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
So with ESPN taking over anyone got any idea how they are going to price their games next season?

Will they go down the monthly subscription route ala Setanta (which obviously didn't work) or offer the one off games/season ticket vibe like Sky used to?

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
i cancelled my subscription online this morning. any ideas if that will still go through? or will my subscription be cancelled anyway?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I thought that the reason Sky ditched that model was because they didn't feel it worked?

I've no idea? But obviously Setanta's didn't work either.

I know Sky lost those packages when the monopolies guys got involved, I just assumed that is why they dropped the premium games?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So with ESPN taking over anyone got any idea how they are going to price their games next season?

Will they go down the monthly subscription route ala Setanta (which obviously didn't work) or offer the one off games/season ticket vibe like Sky used to?

If you go to ESPN.co.uk there's a simple splash page inviting people that are interested in subscribing to the soon to broadcast espn uk to email them.

I think they are trying to gauge interest in the channel as a subscription thing before they start negotiating with sky and virgin media etc.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
what does that mean for my subscription?

What happens now then?

Will they still be showing the rest of the Euro U-21s here in Oz, quite enjoying it.

i cancelled my subscription online this morning. any ideas if that will still go through? or will my subscription be cancelled anyway?

What is this, the ESPN / Setanta helpdesk ?
:lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will they still be showing the rest of the Euro U-21s here in Oz, quite enjoying it.

Its only Setanta UK that has gone into administration , the overseas operation in the US , Canada , Africa and Australia will continue as normal.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I agree. Not that I'd probably do it for football but there have been fights on Setanta recently that I would have happily paid 15 quid for on the one off but wasn't prepared to sign up to a monthly subscription.

It wouldnt work though IMO, they cannot rely on people deciding on the day (or a few days before) whether or not they will pay to watch an game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here