Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Send them home NOW

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Albert van der Merwe (born 1 June 1979, Bellville, Cape Province, South Africa)

But apart from Andre Botha, Trent Johnston, Alex Cusack, Nigel Jones and Albert van der Merwe, what have the Irish ever done for us? :jester:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:bounce:

Bowled out in humiliation for 58 in their last game and then beat us. Send the joke of a side home NOW.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
A Sussex based 11 including the mercurial Sloe Joe and coached by Gus and Tana, might just do the trick

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Definitely too much cricket. The international team should stick to test match series ... and only one of those per summer and one per winter.

If we have to play in the one-days and 20/20 it should be an entirely different England team.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Albert van der Merwe (born 1 June 1979, Bellville, Cape Province, South Africa)

But apart from Andre Botha, Trent Johnston, Alex Cusack, Nigel Jones and Albert van der Merwe, what have the Irish ever done for us? :jester:

Kevin Joseph O'Brien (born 4 March 1984 in Dublin) fastest century in World Cup history, off just 50 balls...... Irish,and not a soul would have helped him other than English bowlers.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They've been touring constantly since last OCTOBER, I expect they'd welcome being sent home now. Don't blame the players. Blame the ludicrous schedule they've had to deal with, its hardly surprising they look jaded.

That series of 7 one-dayers down under straight after the ashes and right on top of going into this tournament was like some kind of sick JOKE.

Completely agree.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Can I just flag up that this is the 1st time I have seen Crodo sound pissed off about one of our sports teams? :lolol:

Yeah, lucky he marked the thread as "important"...

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Send them home now in disgrace with their tails firmly between their legs.

I am sick to the back teeth of us stinking out World Cup after World CUp, by my counting this is the fifth consecutive World Cup where we've stunk the place out.

You'd have thought that the near embarrassments to Canada and the Netherlands would have woke them up, everyone could see this car crash coming but nothing has been done about it. At the biggest spectacle of them all in front of the watching world we have once again spectacularly f***ed up, and the rest of the world is laughing.

SEND THEM HOME NOW

:angry:

Some players have been on tour for a long time now and, as already mentioned above, mental and physical fatigue has set in, you would have to question if they would really want to stay in a competition which goes on far too long and then have to return to county cricket to play for their clubs agin with only a fairly short break inbetween, especially after a long season playing in the Summer, only a short break before touring with the national side in Australia?

Would a player at an International level or in any proper sport be at their best after playing so much over the last 12 months or so without any proper time to rest, having a chance to get rid of any niggling injuries etc, and be fresh again to face yet another long and challenging tournament?

Englands focus for the Winter schedule was all about winning the Ashes down under, all the preparation work was geared around achieving this aim and they were successful, everything else probably seems a bit of an anticlimax to the players, especially the one day series in Australia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here