Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Send them home NOW

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Send them home now in disgrace with their tails firmly between their legs.

I am sick to the back teeth of us stinking out World Cup after World CUp, by my counting this is the fifth consecutive World Cup where we've stunk the place out.

You'd have thought that the near embarrassments to Canada and the Netherlands would have woke them up, everyone could see this car crash coming but nothing has been done about it. At the biggest spectacle of them all in front of the watching world we have once again spectacularly f***ed up, and the rest of the world is laughing.

SEND THEM HOME NOW

:angry:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They've been touring constantly since last OCTOBER, I expect they'd welcome being sent home now. Don't blame the players. Blame the ludicrous schedule they've had to deal with, its hardly surprising they look jaded.

That series of 7 one-dayers down under straight after the ashes and right on top of going into this tournament was like some kind of sick JOKE.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ah an England team that fucks up after being hyped to go all the way, apart from the rugby union team, I think that covers pretty well all English team sports doesn't it?

Can I just flag up that this is the 1st time I have seen Crodo sound pissed off about one of our sports teams? :lolol:

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Ah an England team that fucks up after being hyped to go all the way, apart from the rugby union team, I think that covers pretty well all English team sports doesn't it?

Can I just flag up that this is the 1st time I have seen Crodo sound pissed off about one of our sports teams? :lolol:

Errrrrr, when were the one day team ever "hyped up"? We've been pretty rubbish at one day for a while and I didn't ecpect us to do anything, especially considerimng where it's been held. That seems to be the consensus too. It's just a sham this taints the excellent Ashes series win, which the players have never had the chance to glory in. They've been slung back into action for meaningless games and they must be shattered, especially the bowlers who have spent the winter bowling on hard tracks.

yeah, it's a bit embarrassing, but as soneone said above, don't blame the players.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I am sick to the back teeth of us stinking out World Cup after World CUp, by my counting this is the fifth consecutive World Cup where we've stunk the place out.

You'd have thought that the near embarrassments to Canada and the Netherlands would have woke them up, everyone could see this car crash coming but nothing has been done about it. At the biggest spectacle of them all in front of the watching world we have once again spectacularly f***ed up, and the rest of the world is laughing.

SEND THEM HOME NOW

Why don't we wait and see if they progress first?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

SEND THEM HOME NOW

:lolol: Some top fishing there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Errrrrr, when were the one day team ever "hyped up"? We've been pretty rubbish at one day for a while and I didn't ecpect us to do anything, especially considerimng where it's been held. That seems to be the consensus too. It's just a sham this taints the excellent Ashes series win, which the players have never had the chance to glory in. They've been slung back into action for meaningless games and they must be shattered, especially the bowlers who have spent the winter bowling on hard tracks.

yeah, it's a bit embarrassing, but as soneone said above, don't blame the players.

Apologies then, I have no interest in cricket and I wrongly assumed that we would be expecting to have a good chance of winning as we seem to be touted as amongst the favourites (by our media) in every major team sport.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Apologies then, I have no interest in cricket and I wrongly assumed that we would be expecting to have a good chance of winning as we seem to be touted as amongst the favourites (by our media) in every major team sport.

How odd, an NSC apology!!! Didn't mean to bite at you (so to speak), as my issues appear to be with the person who opened the thread, so no need for an apology sir, but thanks anyway.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'd put it down to fatigue, England are the T20 world champions so should be one of the favourites for any limited overs tournament, the schedule following a long ashes series has been redicilous.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
They've been better in this world cup than the football team has been in the last two

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I agree this is slightly embarrassing but can I just remind you of a few points?

England are 20/20 World Champions (after a shaky start in which we nearly lost to Ireland)
England DESTROYED Australia in the Ashes
England DREW with the tournament favourites on Sunday in their own backyard

A slightly better record than our current crop of overrated and overpaid players that call themselves the England football team, now that is a team I can no longer get excited about.

I agree with Hercules, England have never been hyped up for this tournament and probably are a bit knackered after a lot of needless games.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Alex Richard Cusack (born 29 October 1980 in Brisbane)

David Trent Johnston (born 29 April 1974 in Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nigel Geoffrey Jones (born 22 April 1982, Timaru, New Zealand)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here