Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Semenya is a hermaphrodite !!

At the end of the day, I just feel very sorry for her. It must be awful to have to come to terms with something like this for anyone, anywhere - but to have the news plastered all over the world. She must be going through hell.

Moreover, she will be probably forced out of the thing she loves doing, competing in running. She'll be vilified by some as a freak of nature, confused and mentally shaken from her own foundations about her own physical identity, and looked at differently by many people she knows.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Pity there wasn't all this fuss about many ' athletes ' representing East Germany and Russia in the 60's and 70's. At the height of the cold war, there was no stunt that either of these wasn't prepared to pull.
Female competitors would complain about ' women ' changing away from the rest of the competitors. There was so much drug abuse that some women, still competing, were developing male characteristics.
It was said ( all their careers ) that Irena and Tamara Press, two Russian field athletes, were men, but nothing ever got done about it.
The media tended to concentrate on the actual sport and there wasn't the blaze of publicity that has accompanied this poor girl.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Yeah yeah. Tragic. Terrible for the poor girl. Bleak future. Cultural issues making her life all the harder etc etc etc.

Anyway. For some reason reminds me of the true story of the time Fatima Whitbread went to see her doctor about the problem of her hairy chest. The doctor took a look and said "That's terrible Fats. How far down does the hair go"?. To which our heroine replies....... "All the way to my bollocks"!!

Boom boom. I thank you.

Stan Smith
Chairman Transgender/Hermaphrodite Awareness Group.
"Building a better life for freaks and weirdos"

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Yeah yeah. Tragic. Terrible for the poor girl. Bleak future. Cultural issues making her life all the harder etc etc etc.

Anyway. For some reason reminds me of the true story of the time Fatima Whitbread went to see her doctor about the problem of her hairy chest. The doctor took a look and said "That's terrible Fats. How far down does the hair go"?. To which our heroine replies....... "All the way to my bollocks"!!

Boom boom. I thank you.

Stan Smith
Chairman Transgender/Hermaphrodite Awareness Group.
"Building a better life for freaks and weirdos"

Always had my doubts about old Fats...was more than pleased to see Tessa ( ' all woman ' ) Sanderson, win the Olympic javelin title.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
As you rightly point out Tessa was a lolloping trolloping sauce pot. Woof!
I believe that after retiring she became the face of Estee Lauder?

These days Fatima supplements her meagre income from hod carrying with some backstreet bare knuckle fighting.

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
It may well be that Semenya will be stripped of her gold medal. My personal view
is that some in the IAAF public relations department should be stripped of their jobs!

As a lifelong long athletics fan I should be pleased that our Jen may be promoted to
the silver medal position-I'm not,its an incredibly sad situation

Apr 17, 2009
Rural East Sussex
Not true. The report says she is outwardly female but inside has testes instead of ovaries, hence the high levels of testosterone.

That would mean she would have no reason to believe she is anything less than 100% female. If this report is true, it will come as a massive shock to her I would imagine. Apart from anything else, it would mean she is barren. Mind you, not sure what it would mean regarding women's monthly reminders of their femininity.

Babe with Bollocks then

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
This has not come completely out of the blue. The IAAf had spoken to the SAA about her/him expressing concern, and asked them not to send her/him to the world Champs as they were worried about this sort of controversy. The SAA chose to ignore the IAAF.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Now that these days parents choose all sorts of wierd names for their kids, they really should be more careful. This poor girl has enough to put up with, without the prospect of spending the rest of her life being called 'Semen' for short..............

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Pity there wasn't all this fuss about many ' athletes ' representing East Germany and Russia in the 60's and 70's. At the height of the cold war, there was no stunt that either of these wasn't prepared to pull.
Female competitors would complain about ' women ' changing away from the rest of the competitors. There was so much drug abuse that some women, still competing, were developing male characteristics.
It was said ( all their careers ) that Irena and Tamara Press, two Russian field athletes, were men, but nothing ever got done about it.
The media tended to concentrate on the actual sport and there wasn't the blaze of publicity that has accompanied this poor girl.

Wasn't the gender test introduced in the 60s because doubts about those two? If I remember correctly when the test was brought in they both decided to retire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here