Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Selling your seat at The Amex

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Am booked on a presentation in Feb and am sorting out app forms etc for me plus one. Called the club to clarify a couple of issues and yesterday reeived a call back from Scottish Paul. Thought I'd share his answers for anyone interested. Not exact quotes but near enough.

I want two seats next to each other but don't want to have the second one attributed to someone specifically. Can one person have two season tickets? Yes, but you'll also need two fan numbers.

Can I sell my seat for a specific match without a PSL? Not officially. The terms of the season ticket say that you can't resell the seat. Although people do exchange tickets on NSC, would you want to send someone your season ticket card?

How would I sell my seat for a specific match if I had a PSL? You can give someone your season ticket card - although I wouldn't recommend it. Or you phone us up and we'd cancel the game from your card/account. Then we'd issue a paper ticket to the person who is going to have the seat. We'll make a charge for this.

Can you "add" the game to their card if they are already on your database (I assume non-season ticket holders will all have to have to be registered and with a card in order to come to games)? No. We can only issue a paper ticket.

What will the charge be? It's not been decided yet.

Doesn't sound like you're all that keen on me selling my seat for specific matches. Fair point, it's an added administration burden, but having a PSL means you own the seat so we have to offer to facilitate this if you want to do it.

Conclusion: the club are not that keen to be running a ticket exchange but if you own the seat (via a PSL) they will administer it for you for an unspecified admin charge each time you do it. You cannot sell your seat without a PSL but it will be hard for them to stop you giving your season ticket card to someone else. However, there is risk attached to being parted from your card.

PSL worth the investment if you think you might want tocash in on your seat if demand for season tickets outstrips supply. But would you want to sell your season ticket?

All a bit clearer now - thanks Paul.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thanks Mr TRHK.

Speaking personally I would not be selling or giving my ST to anyone I didnt actually physically know. Basically the club are saying effectively you can sell your seat but its at your own risk. Or buy the PSL and we can administer for a fee.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have a mate who has a 1901 seat ( or a set of them). If I am invited to use one for a game, and will have a ST in the North stand anyway, I assume I can still just give my seat in the N Stand to whoever I want ( or ticket excahnge on here) with no issues?

BUT I assume it will be a problem if there are no tickets for \sth, just your swipe card.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I have a mate who has a 1901 seat ( or a set of them). If I am invited to use one for a game, and will have a ST in the North stand anyway, I assume I can still just give my seat in the N Stand to whoever I want ( or ticket excahnge on here) with no issues?

BUT I assume it will be a problem if there are no tickets for \sth, just your swipe card.

Yes old boy. The point is you would want to trust who you are giving your swipe card to - will you get it back?

Oh and glad you are on the mend ducky :kiss:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes old boy. The point is you would want to trust who you are giving your swipe card to - will you get it back?

Oh and glad you are on the mend ducky :kiss:

thanks sweetie...hoping to stagger along tomorrow and abuse the west stand..." we can see you holding hands"

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If you want 2 seats next to each other, then why don't you both go in at the same time?
That way the person only has the ST card for a few seconds. No admin fee

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
WTF is a PSL. Sounds like my boss talking

Private Seat Licence. Costs about £400 one off payment in the first year on top of season ticket price. In effect it means you own your seat at Falmer, which is the reason why the club can't stop you selling your seat to others on a match by match basis. You're not touting if you sell the seat for a game because you won it.

If I am invited to use one for a game, and will have a ST in the North stand anyway, I assume I can still just give my seat in the N Stand to whoever I want ( or ticket excahnge on here) with no issues?

Technically, you can't pass your seat on to anyone else unless you have a PSL. It's not your seat even if you have a season ticket. Although Paul accepted that people will unoffically pass on their card to others or may exchange on NSC. However, there is a risk to this because you will need to give your swipe card to someone else. What if they lose it, or don't return it very quickly? With a PSL you can officially sell your seat for a game via the club and they will issue a paper ticket to the person buying your seat for that game. So you never part with your swipe card. However, they will charge an unspecified admin amount for issuing the ticket. This might be expensive if the club are reluctant to become ticket brokers.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
If you want 2 seats next to each other, then why don't you both go in at the same time?
That way the person only has the ST card for a few seconds. No admin fee

I'm not planning on selling either of my seats - I'll be going to all the matches. The other ticket is for my son - but he's off to Uni (maybe!) so I'll be taking father in law, or wife (no, scrub that), daughter, mates. But I was interested to get clarification about how the PSL works for one off match tickets.

But your point is right. If you have two tickets both next to each other and you have sold one of them, you could meet the buyer and enter the ground together and in effect never part with your card - and thereby skip the admin fee. Not so easy if you have just one seat.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Yep. You can always take a mate who gives you £20 or whatever. I think it's a good move and will help stop ticket touting.

If you have a PSL, selling your seat for a match is not touting because you actually own the seat (like someone having a long leasehold on a property). So you are perfectly entitled to seel the seat on a match by match basis. However, doesn't sound like the club are keen to facilitate that.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Can I sell my seat for a specific match without a PSL? Not officially. The terms of the season ticket say that you can't resell the seat. Although people do exchange tickets on NSC, would you want to send someone your season ticket card?

How would I sell my seat for a specific match if I had a PSL? You can give someone your season ticket card - although I wouldn't recommend it. Or you phone us up and we'd cancel the game from your card/account. Then we'd issue a paper ticket to the person who is going to have the seat. We'll make a charge for this.

Can you "add" the game to their card if they are already on your database (I assume non-season ticket holders will all have to have to be registered and with a card in order to come to games)? No. We can only issue a paper ticket.

Doesn't sound like you're all that keen on me selling my seat for specific matches. Fair point, it's an added administration burden, but having a PSL means you own the seat so we have to offer to facilitate this if you want to do it.

Conclusion: the club are not that keen to be running a ticket exchange but if you own the seat (via a PSL) they will administer it for you for an unspecified admin charge each time you do it. You cannot sell your seat without a PSL but it will be hard for them to stop you giving your season ticket card to someone else. However, there is risk attached to being parted from your card.

Well, i'm shocked!

The answers given above are completely the opposite information given at the Supporters forum. I guess the policies could have been changed, especially given the long delay in issuing the ST prices.

Maybe they have realised that it's a headache they could do without. Also it forces more people to buy direct from the club which they obviously prefer.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Without wishing to hijack this thread, can anyone confirm how long the presentations last, I only have about an hour and was hopeful it would be completed in that time, but worried it may go on a lot longer and I'll have to miss part of it

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Without wishing to hijack this thread, can anyone confirm how long the presenatations last, I only have about an hour and was hopeful it would be completed in that time, but worried it may go on a lot longer and I'll have to miss part of it

No idea. I would hope its all done and dusted within an hour myself.

Im sure one of the first batch of presentation attendees will report back on here.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
No idea. I would hope its all done and dusted within an hour myself.

Im sure one of the first batch of presentation attendees will report back on here.

The 1901's were around an hour.

Thank you.

A friend pointed out that in the leaflet that came with the presentation pack thing, it says you shouldn't park in certain places as it may run over 2 hours. I hope they were just covering themselves as two hours does seem quite a long time baring in mind the number of people they have to get through. Will wait for the first group to report back.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
They really are taking a liberty here.

Seriously, are you willing to pay £500 for the right to pass on something you've bought? More to the point, are you happy with the club whose existence we've fought for to take such an exploitative approach? I'm trying to imagine how it would affect Sainsbury's business if they demanded a £500 fee to give you the right to give any food you buy in the next 50 years to someone else, and I'm failing.

There are several reasons why this is taking the piss:

1. There's no practical reason why they can't provide to everyone the service they're offering to licence holders.
2. As we'll be using swipe cards, there's no technological barrier to enabling people to transfer their 'voucher' for a match to a friend/family member who is also a member. It'd be reasonable to charge a small fee for this, AND it would be completely auditalble, so they club would know who is occupying the seat.
3. They could set up a ticket exchange. The club have made a big hoohaa about taking the same approach as Arsenal took at the Emirates. Well, Arsenal have a ticket exchange online - if a STH can't go, s/he can sell the ticket online to someone they don't know for a small fee.

And I know that some NSCers will respond by saying it's easy to work around - just lend yr card to someone you know and trust. Fair point, except:

1. Why should we be having to work around the club's business practices?
2. As I've pointed out many time, lots of Albion fans don't live in Brighton/Sussex with other fans nearby. In my case, I live in London and want to occasionally pass my 'ticket' to a relative in East Sussex. That's not unreasonable, is it? But the only way of doing it will be for us to use and trust the postal service with our swipe card.

I wish I could believe that the club just hasn't thought this through, but they've had years to get this right. It looks like they're trying to rip us off.

Go on, persuade me I'm wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here