Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sell out?

saintSeagull

Aug 13, 2003
Please can some one tell me why the capacity of Falmer is 22500 but although there were 19722 at the Hull game I couldn't buy a ticket as it was sold out.

I'm assuming there are lots of people who buy tickets but don't attend plus they have to give a certain section to away fans.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Please can some one tell me why the capacity of Falmer is 22500 but although there were 19722 at the Hull game I couldn't buy a ticket as it was sold out.

I'm assuming there are lots of people who buy tickets but don't attend plus they have to give a certain section to away fans.

Yep.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Yes, thats exactly the reason.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Can anyone remember the Bamber years at the Goldstone when crowds were always bigger than the figures announced during the game?

Always seemed a bit strange.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
12 empty seats in front of me in wsl and two empty seats in 1901 because my footwear was not the required standard:moo: Just as well my foot wear was suitable to travel to gillingham for two years:hilton:

Did they REALLY ban you from the 1901 because of your choice of shoes?, what were you wearing?, flip-flops or something!.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Can anyone remember the Bamber years at the Goldstone when crowds were always bigger than the figures announced during the game?

Always seemed a bit strange.
indeed, remember one evening game v liverpool, 1982ish, rammed, yet club announced 22,ooo,
some have hinted at manipulation of these figures, for some reason

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think different clubs must do it different ways, which surprises me as you'd have thought it should be identical.

Celtic always say 60,000 officially even when it's 2/3 full, and there were loads of empty seats at the Emirates on Sunday. Arsenal announced attendance of over 60,000. They are counting season-ticket no-shows, so why aren't we if they're paid for?

Doesn't make much odds to me, I would just have thought all clubs should account for it the same, one way or the other.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
crowd attendance fiddler extraordinaire

Barry%20Hearn%20February%2016%202011.jpg

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
and there were loads of empty seats at the Emirates on Sunday. Arsenal announced attendance of over 60,000. They are counting season-ticket no-shows, so why aren't we if they're paid for?

People seem to be deserting the Arse in droves - loads of sunbleached 'once red now pink' seats empty against Sunderland and yet still the 'In Arsene We Trust' banner was on show.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
This was always going to be the issue with the club selling such a high percentage of capacity as season ticket holders and not having a ticket excahnge system set up. I can't believe there would be many people who have bought a single ticket for a game and then not turned up.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
People seem to be deserting the Arse in droves - loads of sunbleached 'once red now pink' seats empty against Sunderland and yet still the 'In Arsene We Trust' banner was on show.

Yet they claimed their attendance was over 60k as they base it on tickets sold rather than people through the turnstyle

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
12 empty seats in front of me in wsl and two empty seats in 1901 because my footwear was not the required standard:moo: Just as well my foot wear was suitable to travel to gillingham for two years:hilton:

So you took no notice of any one of a thousand threads about this on here in the last three months? Or were you thinking your uber fan status would over ride this restriction that obviously only applies to JCLs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here