Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sell Out Games Next Season ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ok so S/T holders are guaranteed 50% away tickets for sell out games and we dully book our second Championship season - what will be the sell out games ?

I'll go:

Southampton, West Ham and a big cup game if good draw.

Not CPFC on the grounds that it wasn't a sell out last time.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Beach Hut said:
Ok so S/T holders are guaranteed 50% away tickets for sell out games and we dully book our second Championship season - what will be the sell out games ?

I'll go:

Southampton, West Ham and a big cup game if good draw.

Not CPFC on the grounds that it wasn't a sell out last time.
If Falmer has been granted and we're playing well (2 feelgood factors), I think we'll sell out the 7,000 at Palace.

If Gillingham stay up, there's another sell out for you, and we always take numbers to QPR.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gillingham wasn't a sell out this season

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
Gillingham wasn't a sell out this season

Exactly nor Leeds, Sunderland, QPR.............not to mention a few games at Withdean :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Simster said:
Really? We didn't take 1400 to the pikeys? I'm surprised at that.

Tis true 1,363 according to the BHAFC program.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
There were quite a few empty seats because I changed places at half time to sit near people that I knew.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Not good, there may be some games I wont get to now!

:(

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Norwich may be a sell out too, im sure it more or less was when we won up there 1-0 last time (thats if they go down)

I think the system is good but it is a bit unfair on those who do live too far away to afford travel, and the time for a season ticket but it can't ever suit everyone.

However, as many people would have done west ham, the demand may not be so much next time round. Same may apply to norwich etc.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Club statement on such things:

AWAY MATCHES – FUTURE TICKET POLICY

A number of season ticket holders wrote to the club following the sale of tickets for our recent FA Cup Game against Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane. The comments related to the way in which tickets were allocated and we received a number of constructive suggestions for future away matches that are likely to be over-subscribed. The background circumstances are as follows:

What we tried to achieve in allocating the Tottenham tickets – given that demand was way in excess of supply – was to be as fair as we could to both season ticket holders and to those supporters who travel to away games on a regular basis supporting the club up and down the country.

We have analysed the pattern of ticket sales over all our away games this season and it shows that, excluding the Tottenham game, on average 11% of our total season ticket holders go regularly to away games. For the Tottenham game the demand was far greater, but nevertheless 42% of all season ticket holders obtained a ticket. But a number of season ticket holders were disappointed.

To make sure therefore that in future high-demand away games a sufficient number of tickets are made available to season ticket holders, we will set aside for these supporters 50% of the total tickets we are given by the home club.

There will be a fixed period of 7 days for season ticket holders to apply for these tickets on the basis of one per season ticket holder. The same will apply for tickets set aside for Away Members who do not have a season ticket. The 7 days will hopefully overcome the problem encountered by supporters whose applications were delayed in the Christmas post.

If the game becomes oversubscribed, we will deal with the applications on a first-come first-served basis within each category. After 7 days any unsold tickets will be released for new Away Members.

We hope by adopting this Away Ticket policy you will be reassured that the process is as transparent as we can make it. We believe that it is fair to both season ticket holders, without whom the club cannot survive, but also to those who spend a great deal of money and time providing what is without doubt the best away support in the Football League.

Brighton & Hove Albion
1st February 2005

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
We will never sell out at Sunderland, we only has 1,200 odd there this season (looked more to me) at quite a few of those were there for the "new" factor

mackem69

Oct 31, 2004
cardboard said:
We will never sell out at Sunderland, we only has 1,200 odd there this season (looked more to me) at quite a few of those were there for the "new" factor

No you won`t sell out (3500) but you were the best fans we`ve had at the SOL for a few years ,Good luck with your stadium and for the rest of the season (apart from the 19 th) :clap:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Beach Hut said:

This post reminds me of Taffys "we're not coming for one lousy point"

Not out of the woods by any stretch of the imagination, especially with the teams left to play at Stadia Withdean

I admire you optimism, but think threads like this should be kept off NSC until we know we're certain to stay in Div1 ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here