Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sell/Best by Dates......

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Someone i knew was high up in the UK Cheese Guild, and they claimed that Cheese virtually NEVER goes off... it could be as blue and green as you like, and it would still be edible

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
What about freezer stuff? Have just been reviewing todays dinner options and found something 5 months old that says use within a month. I know someone who claims to take no notice of use by's once frozen - any views?

Eat it!!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I bought a case of John Smiths in Tescos in Hove, and cracked open a tin when I got home. Tasted fkg awful so I checked the sell by and was amazed to see it was 2 YEARS and 3 MONTHS out of date.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Working in a fish factory , quite often we would strip the sleeves/packets on meals and products that were already frozen (returns and overruns). These would then be re-processed with new best before dates and sent out on orders. Another factory where I live had all the pizzas they had produced for a supermarket returned - so that they could be reboxed and sold as a budget own store brand as they weren't selling at the normal price point.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I bought a case of John Smiths in Tescos in Hove, and cracked open a tin when I got home. Tasted fkg awful so I checked the sell by and was amazed to see it was 2 YEARS and 3 MONTHS out of date.
They were probably using that case of beer to prop open a door in the warehouse. :p. You should have drunk all the case and took the empty cans back to Tesco and demanded a refund.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
If you were drinking tinned John Smiths it would've tasted crap regardless of how new or old it was

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Its strange that one day up to midnight the food is perfectly healthy, but 1 second after midnight the next day it has suddenly evolved into evil poisonous mouldy, decayed, zombie stuff.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove

I bought a chicken from Sainsburys and on the day I bought it went to cook it and it stank. So sent receipt back to Sains' with the bar code (not the chicken) and said it runined my day as had all the family coming round for dinner and had to spend £50 on a takeaway, which was total bolllocks. Week later got a letter saying sorry and a £50 voucher!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here