Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Self storage help

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
Has anyone used one of these compaines like Big Yellow self storage?

Are they expensive if you want to store away items for quite a while?

I'm looking at a few personal items so can these companies be trusted with valueable goods?

Any recommendations please

Ta

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I used a self storage place on Ditchling Common a few years ago when I was living in a flat (actually several flats in the course of a year or two, but that's another story!).

It was good being able to access my things whenever I wanted, but it did work out quite expensive.

If you don't need access to your things while they're in storage, there are several companies that will do storage much cheaper than Big Yellow and the like.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I've used Big Box Storage up in Bevendean and they're ok. They charge you for everything if your not fully prepared.
Take a lock, there's are very expensive!
I think I paid about £50 a month for one of their smaller lock ups and it was fine. I'd much rather do this over a lock up garage which may suffer from damp

maybe cheaper to rent a lockup garage?
When we needed to more or less empty the house to have some major building works done, we looked at the likely costs (and inconvenience) of using Big Yellow for long-term storage. We ended up buying a shipping container.

It's still in situ, incidentally. But, when the time comes, it can easily be sold on.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
There's a place on the Hyde business park in Bevendean that offers 20ft and 40ft containers for storage which is cheaper than Big Yellow and they have the advantage of being able to drive a car or van right up to the containers for ease of loading/unloading

Harman Plant Hire Ltd

Also one of the guys who runs it used to play for Albion back in the day, although sadly I've forgotten his name, and there are several nostalgic team photos up in the office

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
There's a place on the Hyde business park in Bevendean that offers 20ft and 40ft containers for storage which is cheaper than Big Yellow and they have the advantage of being able to drive a car or van right up to the containers for ease of loading/unloading

Harman Plant Hire Ltd

Also one of the guys who runs it used to play for Albion back in the day, although sadly I've forgotten his name, and there are several nostalgic team photos up in the office

Sounds interesting.

Thanks everyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here