Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Self Assessment online

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
Our life is easy as our accounting systems are linked to HMRC so all we do is press a button and they are filed.......very nice and easy and we love deadlines as we get so many new clients during the last few weeks before deadlines as people panic.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
To be fair the online forms were a cinch to complete. Unless you have complex finances certainly cheaper to fill it in yourself rather than give money to corrupt banks or accountants to do it for you.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I take it this is for the tax year that ended last April?

Fortunately for me I got mine filed nice and early. And my reward is to be hounded to death about paying my tax ever since. Had a last warning letter today telling me I had to pay the last £300 by tommorow or they're coming round to murder my family in front of me.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Fortunately for me I got mine filed nice and early. And my reward is to be hounded to death about paying my tax ever since. Had a last warning letter today telling me I had to pay the last £300 by tommorow or they're coming round to murder my family in front of me.

And whats even better, you can't get through to them on the phone to pay because it's been engaged ALL f***ing DAY.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I take it this is for the tax year that ended last April?

I thought that if you only owed a small amount like this you could opt to have it collected via PAYE coding (so spread out over a tax year). Or are you self-employed?

I don't understand why people put off doing it until the last few days. Most of the forms you need to enter your data are sent out late summer and if you have overpaid, they give you back your money very quickly.

Do it sooner and enjoy .....

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I thought that if you only owed a small amount like this you could opt to have it collected via PAYE coding (so spread out over a tax year). Or are you self-employed?

I don't understand why people put off doing it until the last few days. Most of the forms you need to enter your data are sent out late summer and if you have overpaid, they give you back your money very quickly.

Do it sooner and enjoy .....

It was nearly 2 grand, I've paid of most of it, just had a small chunk left to pay. I don't bother paying on account throughout the year because I change from Self Employed to employed quite often. In the last year I've been employed until the beginning of January and had tax deducted at source.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Holy Moly, HMRC make it really difficult to sort things out. If you are thinking of leaving it to the last minute and have not yet registered for your

(1) Government Gateway card and
(2) Activation pin number

You are well truly Donald Ducked.

The good thing (ish) is that filling in the forms is relatively painless, and it does calculate the extra tax you have to pay :ohmy:

Get an accountant - approached mine a week ago, gave him bits and pieces of info over the last few days and yesterday he filed it on-line and told me I've a tax rebate coming of £2.5k!!!!!!!!!!

:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here