Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seen Wembley recently?

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Saw it from a distance on the way to QPR.Never seen so many cranes in one place before in my life. Pictures look superb.

Notts County Lass said:
That does look mighty impressive, but it'll never beat the character of the old one. I'm sure we all have some great memories from under the two towers. :nono: The new one will never quite be the same.

Never mind the character, it was a dump of the first order. And as for the new one not being quite the same as the old one; well, thank heavens for that !

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Gullet said:
Just spotted something. In the picture looking from behind the goal how come the two linesman are both up the same end?

Ahh, good call !!! I've also spotted a mistake - in the picture that shows the outside of the stadium there seems to be a bloke in a Reading shirt, surely some kind of error there.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
chez said:
Ahh, good call !!! I've also spotted a mistake - in the picture that shows the outside of the stadium there seems to be a bloke in a Reading shirt, surely some kind of error there.

:lolol: must have been dog races night

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
chez said:

No, I don't think that is a mistake. He is the only person in a blue and white striped shirt there. I think it accurately portrays a dim Reading fan who turned up at the wrong game!:lolol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Seagullsgonnagetya said:

19. There will be 2000 toilets - which WNSL estimate is more than any other building in the world.

And there'll still be a river of p*** running on the floor within 2 minutes of the half-time whistle:lolol:

Jameson

coach03 said:
Never mind the character, it was a dump of the first order. And as for the new one not being quite the same as the old one; well, thank heavens for that !

Spot on. I never really liked it - terrible facilities, crap view, etc....I can't wait for the new one.

Once you have experienced a really good modern super stadium there's no looking back in my mind. I went to the Amsterdam Arena for Euro 2000 - the best stadium I have ever been in by far. :clap2:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Did a tour of Wembley Stadium once where you went into the players dressing rooms, went out on the pitch to the roar of the crowd, etc - brilliant.

Good pictures - its a shame it is so over budget.

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
chez said:
by the looks off it hes on his way home:lol:

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Looks great. And is apparently progressing ahead of schedule. Also Soccer AM did a bit on it earlier. Bout time we managed to egt something right on a large scale!

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Will never forget how in awe I was of being at Wembley on first visit with my dad in 1987 for 8-0 thrashing of Turkey.

But as I got older - and Turkey got better - I truly came to appreciate how crap most views were, especially behind the goals, and how poor the services were.

Had some good memories there, incl Oasis live, and whilst I wish they'd kept the twin towers outside the new structure, it looks good and something to be proud of.

Shame that when spending so much money they didn't go the whole hog and make it 120,000 or something tho, cos with more sponsors tickets won't the real fan capacity be even smaller now? Cup finals and England games would easily attract that many fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here