Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Figures!
fakesubwayadvisory.jpg

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
There is nothing wrong with the P.A on London Underground, if anything it is too loud.

Getting the tube to work on Sunday mornings, I hear them doing the damn radio test at each station as it crawls along the Northern Line..

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
There is nothing wrong with the P.A on London Underground, if anything it is too loud.

Getting the tube to work on Sunday mornings, I hear them doing the damn radio test at each station as it crawls along the Northern Line..

I would agree with that and the driver can often pin you to your seat (I know a rare occurrrence) by SHOUTING that the doors are closing.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's a shame they seemed to have banned the comedy announcements on the platform and from the drivers.

Couple of years ago there used to be a brilliant driver on the Victoria Line who gave an airline pilot style commentary on the way down.

"We are cruising at a height of 2 metres etc...."

Presumably some miserable bastard took offence.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Those automated bus announcements are funny too when the route is announced in random order making those who dont use the bus frequently wonder where they are!!

I saw people on the Northern line this week wearing face masks.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Those automated bus announcements are funny too when the route is announced in random order making those who dont use the bus frequently wonder where they are!!

I saw people on the Northern line this week wearing face masks.

Yep, saw a couple of people walking down Tottenham Court Road the same.

Had an argument with a chemist in Stockwell on Friday, who was trying to rip a couple of paranoid German tourists off with face masks.

I was pleading with them not to hand over £16 for a couple of masks (they were flying to Spain) whilst the chemist was having a go at me for affecting her business. They bought them eventually, the chemist refused to answer my question in front of them whether the masks were effective or not.

Also saw another chemist in London (I posted the picture on here) attempting to cash in on people's fears.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
My favourites have been last year when some of the tube workers took to writing quotes from John Locke or Rousseau on the noticeboards near the platforms at Kings Cross, or a driver on a district line train coming back from Kew Gardens who proceeded to give the train a mixture of trivia and quiz questions about the route.

I think the tube gets far too much stick, mainly from people who don't even live in London and find it easy to bash it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here