Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seen any good films recently ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Timbo - Chappers is going to be pissed off.

I own PI it is just nuts and fairly average from what I can remember.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Uncle Spielberg said:
Easy if you think that is weird

Have you see Eraserhead by the same director " acid trip on celluloid " but utterly unique and brilliant 8.0 , what the feck is going on in Lynch's head ???
I think I saw Eraserhead on Channel 4 once (in the old 'red triangle' days when you watched in the hope of seeing some tits or a bit of scrubland). Very odd film, Lynch is clearly a disturbed individual. Can't say I'd go out of my way to see any more of his stuff, it must be something of an acquired taste. Its all a bit self-indulgent for me, just pandering to the ponces who "get" all his hidden meanings.

Lynch - you're a weirdo. I'm actually glad your films make no sense to me.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I brought the other half the Sound of Music 7.8, its a bastard to admit it but it really is a pretty decent film with some incredibly annoying but very catchy songs :censored:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I never saw eraserhead but I'm sure it was always advertised on the videos I used to rent in the early 80's along side another weird looking film called basket case.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Easy - you calling me a ponce ??? :censored: :lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
johannson.jpg

While we are on the subject of films what do people think of Scarlett Johansson? Sometimes I think see's really fit and other times think she looks a bit mongy.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not at all Uncle S (unless you start talking about the 'hidden meanings' and shit) :D

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Basketcase 6.4 was totally mental, some bloke carries his siamese twin in a box ( removed in an operation ), I think there was BC 2 and BC 3, the twin kills himself by jumping from a hotel room

Brain Damage is pretty fecked up.

Also anyone seen Re Animator that is seriously fecked up.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
My ratings are less generous

- 5 is pony

5.5 + is worth watching

7+ is good

8 + is excellent

8.5 + is a masterpiece

9+ is virtually unheard off, only attained by Schindler's List, ET and Close Encounters ( spot the theme ).

I'm the same with anything by Quentin Tarantino, all his films are 9+ for me

rool

Jul 10, 2003
someone lent me a film called trauma last weekend saying how great it was, I'd struggle to give it a 5.5 on US's scale.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
saw Brokebutt Mountain and Capote at the weekend and thought they were both great. Lots of man on man "action" in the former.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I stole my ratings idea from IMDB which is the greatest and most comprehensive film site in the world. The IMDB rating is a pretty accurate guide as to how good a film is, if you get 100 000 voting on a film the average is likely to be very accurate as it eliminated the fools who give a masterpiece 1 out of 10 to be clever.

The top 250 films of all time is a great list.

The worst 100 of all time is quite funny.

www.imdb.com

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Mulholland Drive. I think the idea is that Naomi Watts comes to Hollywood to succeed, but doesn't. The last five minutes of the film is this sad reality. The preceding two hours is her dreamlike fantasy of what she hoped for - almost as if she's imagining a movie. The objects, people and moments that occur in the last 'real' five minutes 'reappear' as the source material for the fantasy/dream/movie.: in the same way that odd things from real life will crop up in your dreams. Lynch's subversion is that he does it the 'wrong' way round – you'd expect to see the real stuff first, then the dream. Watch it again on this basis and it kinda makes sense.

Flightplan. An interesting thriller gradually disappears into American schmaltz.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
bhafc99 said:
Mulholland Drive. I think the idea is that Naomi Watts comes to Hollywood to succeed, but doesn't. The last five minutes of the film is this sad reality. The preceding two hours is her dreamlike fantasy of what she hoped for - almost as if she's imagining a movie. The objects, people and moments that occur in the last 'real' five minutes 'reappear' as the source material for the fantasy/dream/movie.: in the same way that odd things from real life will crop up in your dreams. Lynch's subversion is that he does it the 'wrong' way round – you'd expect to see the real stuff first, then the dream. Watch it again on this basis and it kinda makes sense.

Thats kind of what I thought but saw it more as she was inn love with the other women and the first half was a dream where they are together and the second half is either the relationship has fallen apart or the women was unobtainable. I think the love story and career aspects are both themes that run through the film.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Watched Munich last week but have not worked out if i liked it or not yet. I know it sounds strange but I am not sure whether I think it is brilliant or a pile of shite. It was the same the first time I watched Ressie Dogs. Hated it at the time and was going to walk out the press show but the more times I watched it the better it got.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Les Biehn said:
johannson.jpg

While we are on the subject of films what do people think of Scarlett Johansson? Sometimes I think see's really fit and other times think she looks a bit mongy.

Saw Match Point on Saturday - she looked pretty good in that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here