Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seen any good films recently ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My list recently has been

DVD

Wolf Creek 6.2 - pretty good but fizzled out in the last 15 minutes , ending up a bit dissapointed

Racing Stripes 5.9 - fairly jolly family fair about a Zebra who want to be a race horse ( the flies were superb )

Panic Room 6.7 - pretty good thriller with the lovely Ms Foster

The Wedding Crashers 6.1 - fairly amusing fare

Harold & Kumar get the munchies 6.9 - above par comedy with 2 very liekable leads, some funny scrapes along the way

Collateral 7.2 - Cruise in good form as the assassin

Cinema

Narnia - The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe 8.7 - quite simply the greatest fantasy film ever made, totally exceeded my expectations and now the most successful Disney film of all time

King Kong 8.1 - I thought it was absolutely great, did exactly what it said on the tin

Harry Potter 6.3 - fairly average fare with some good bits, whats all the fuss about ?

Next on the list is Munich

Seen any gooduns recently ?.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I watched The Usual Suspects (again) last night, which is simply excellent. Kevin Spacey is without doubt one of the greatest actors of his generation.

I also watched Highlander (came free with NOTW). Looks a bit dated now, but its still a quality slab of entertainment and I can see why I loved it so much when it first came out in 85'.

Starsky & Hutch was pretty piss poor.

Mulholland Drive was just feckin WEIRD. Starts out as an intrigueing thriller, but then descends into a bizarre, surrealist mess, before finally disappearing completely up its own arse. By the end, I was left sitting there, slack-jawed, straring into space with a "Whaaa ?" expression on my face (rather like at Withers lately when I hear the team read out). The saving grace of this film was that the delicious Naomi Watts exposes her BAPS a few times. It was a pleasure to make their acquaintence.
(Cheers T L B for lending it - I'll get it back to you as soon as I buy a padded envelope).

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Easy if you think that is weird

Have you see Eraserhead by the same director " acid trip on celluloid " but utterly unique and brilliant 8.0 , what the feck is going on in Lynch's head ???

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I heard Flightplan was pony and trap.

DVD - The God Father Trilogy - first time i've seen them, top films.

Cinema - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - strange but entertaining.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Uncle Spielberg said:

No way. Jodie Foster's not really my cup of tea but it really makes you think wether she's bonkers or not. The endings a bit corny and Hollywood but you forgive it that.

It's one of those films that seems to last about 5minutes.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Wedding Crashers - Passed the evening away- a bit frothy nothing special.

Alexander - Hated it. Wierd. How can the Ancient Greeks speak with an Oirish accent.

King Kong - Bloody Brilliant!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My ratings are less generous

- 5 is pony

5.5 + is worth watching

7+ is good

8 + is excellent

8.5 + is a masterpiece

9+ is virtually unheard off, only attained by Schindler's List, ET and Close Encounters ( spot the theme ).

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I do quite enjoy the odd slice of Lynch oddness, even if I don't get it. I really like Lost Highway, about as coherant as Mullholland Drive but in a strange way made more sense. Remeber seeing Blue Velvet late at night when I was about 13 and thinking that is was f***ed up and great at the same time. Haven't seen eraserhead.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Eraserhead will f*** you up.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:

Strange one, for the first 70mins this is quite an entertaining little thriller. Then the last half hour descends into utter shite pretty much ruining everything that went before it.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Watched 50 first dates on sky the other night. Thought that was quite good and Drew Barrymore is as fit as a butchers dog. Also watched Anchorman which is absolute shite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here