Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seen any good films lately ?

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Dogging - A Love Story. It amused me.
Precious. Very good film & makes you look at the way you can ofter stereotype people, well it should anyway, meaning the character being a girl many would not normally root for. ( Certainly wouldn't root!)
Pans Labarynth. Excellent, I missed it first time around so looked it up & loved it. ( Still can't spell labarynth though)
Valkarie. Tom Cruise is surprising strong in this, I didn't expect it to be so good

I've seen lots of great films over the past year because of the internet & lots of good film sites so these are just some that spring to mind.

Best thing though has to be Weeds, not a film but brilliantly made TV....Thats another thread though

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Harry Brown was awful. Poor British version of the decent US's Grand Torino.

Shutter Island more like Shut Eyeland. Messy, confused plot and unnecessarily bloated in the middle. Acting good though. Saying that it's had mixed reviews but I definately think the poor ones that are nearer the mark.

You honestly think Gran Torino was better than Harry Brown.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Gran Torino was better than Harry Bown but Harry Brown in itself was a good film , certainly not awful :wrong:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Saw Alice last week and thought it was pretty good

District 9 was great

Hurt Locker was OK

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Pianist. That Mr Spielberg is how to make a film about the Holocaust.

yeah Schindler's List was utter shite after all.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Horses for Course, I think Schindler's List is far superior but the Pianist is good particuarly the 1st half and then it lost its way somewhat just became " bloke trying to evade enemies " type of film.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I saw Observe & Report and I liked that. I bought Law Abiding Citizen last year from a chinaman and was glad it was cheap because it is one god awful piece of shit film. I saw Star Wars and am going to watch Empire Strikes Back in a bit. I have seen some other films this year but I do not remember them. Oh yes, Hancock. cock.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I saw Observe & Report and I liked that. I bought Law Abiding Citizen last year from a chinaman and was glad it was cheap because it is one god awful piece of shit film. I saw Star Wars and am going to watch Empire Strikes Back in a bit. I have seen some other films this year but I do not remember them. Oh yes, Hancock. cock.

I've seen lots of good films this year, but my opinion is not valid because I am a woman and I know nothing of these matters.

Claudia xx

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

I quite liked Observe and Report. It has a reasonable message behind it re mental illness and Bipolar disorder. Gets better as it goes along. Definately worth a watch as its a bit different to the usual Hollywood fare.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Try the 2 magician films. The Prestige and The Illusionist. Both very good imo although the Prestige is better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here