Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seem Tottenham Fans Seem Interested In Mr Potter

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Potter's CV is not sexy enough to make him a leading contender for the Spurs job. Right now it looks as though the Albion will be finishing lower in the table than last season and that lack of progress will be worrying his admirers.

To me this indicates that Potter is still learning the skills necessary to make it at the top level. Pochettino was getting the very best from his Southampton team, but he already had those skills after gaining 4 years' experience in La Liga at Espanol.

I think Erik Ten Hag would be a good appointment for Spurs.

I’m not sure on Ten Hag, I think there is a chance he is doing well because of the set up at Ajax rather than It being him.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I would drive him there for........

Being serious, I don't think he will be interested quite yet... a few more years at this project and I think he will be commanding bigger jobs than that!

You are joking? He'd be off like a shot.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est retiré.
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Dont hold your breath, according to Naylor the plan is to improve Maupay rather than invest millions in a new striker

We can rebuild him.

maupay.jpeg

.... or maybe not. :glare:

I genuinely think Potter will want to prove what he's started will work. He's pretty much unproven, and he hasn't exactly shot us up the league - so any claims to him being an unquestioned genius are unfounded based upon results.

If we get some decent strikers in, and his methods start to bear fruit, we'll become a good mid-table side - and then the 'whale clubs' can come in, waving a massive cheque book under his nose saying 'with all this money we can give you to spend, the sky's the limit Graham!'

Then, he'll go.

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I can't see it happening unless Spurs are desperate to save money. None of us know what is in GPs contract but if it is true that he's one of the lowest paid managers in the PL, it wouldn't cost much (in PL terms) to pay off his contract. That's assuming that is what is required, it could be that there is a clause releasing him for a set amount if a "big" team comes knocking.

Steve Cooper would be a decent replacement if they don't win in the play-offs.

According to Wales Online, Cooper is already a surprise contender for the Spurs job. Frankly, he is too ugly to fit the Brighton Project. I'm not normally uglyist, but man alive...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I’m not sure on Ten Hag, I think there is a chance he is doing well because of the set up at Ajax rather than It being him.

Maybe, but the bloke has just won the domestic double, he almost got them to a Champions League Final and won away at Real Madrid and Juventus pre-Covid, so he can't do much more, can he?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
One for the Potter out campaign, don’t shoot the messenger [emoji3]

People who understand football, know that Graham Potter is a really good manager”.

figgis, Justice, Tom, can we get you a Twitter account to set these deluded Spurs fans straight?

[tweet]1387361519353176068[/tweet]

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Maybe, but the bloke has just won the domestic double, he almost got them to a Champions League Final and won away at Real Madrid and Juventus pre-Covid, so he can't do much more, can he?

No, of course, the European results are a stand out

The semi collapse was Spursy as well

Still doesn’t mean he will be the correct fit for the mess of Hitchens/Levy - not sure who would be.

Half the battle is the Spurs fans that think the squad should be top 4, when it’s miles off.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Apparently Southgate being mentioned now ����

That'd be fukken ace. Get him away from England and get him in bungling them.

I can see why their fans would want a younger progressive English manager and I can see why Levy would want a less expensive replacement but GP would be too 'bargain basement' for a man of such standing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here