Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Security at Forest

but he was very fat and he kept standing in my way, which meant I had to stand up and try and peer round his not inconsiderable bulk............

however, all tho they were being a more than a bit jobsworthy about it they did have the decency to explain why they were doing it (both clubs get fined by the FA, we have to be seen t be doiung what we're told to do etc etc,) and they did at least have a sense of humour- unlike those proze twats at QPR last season..

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
About 95ish I would have thought. Stuart Munday scored an overhead kick. Great atmosphere but I remember being my dad trying to cover me quite a lot due to stuff being thrown down.

What a top day out that was :clap2:

Don't remember anything coming from the stands above, but perhaps too drunk to care ;)

Went with a female, her first live game! What a cracking game to have as your first (and only) Albion game!!

Fat Barry Fry pissed me off, I remember that much, running up and down the touchline like a demented hare, everytime they scored. :nono:

glosterseagul

Mar 2, 2004
the clue is in the name
I thought they were quite good. If you are chopsy to them they retaliate..."they are only doing their job"

One steward told me that they are under increased pressure from the council and football auth. He said that they had withdrawn 200 season tickets last year because of consistant standers-and "they need more supporters not less!"

The club also reduced allocation to away supporters becuase of this.

He said the Brighton fans were good humoured and no trouble "once we explain why"

The clubs don't make the rules.:angel:

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
The thing I remember from the Brum game is walking into a warehouse on the way home from the game too hear the radio replay the goal highlights. The reporter screaming "and Blues go into an unassailable 2-0 lead!"

Then the gloom set in for him as they went through our 3 before that cheat Tait got his undeserved equaliser.

The first 15 mins it looked like we had only turned up to make up the numbers then it went off big style.

Nottingham Seagull

Dec 17, 2003
Nottingham
The Forest fans I know always seem to be complaining about the stewarding at the ground. They blame the heavy handed tactics of the stewards for destroying the atmosphere from the home fans, which they claim is having a detremental effect on their players which causes them not to play well and lose. ???

Shame. :lolol:

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Stewarding was lightweight last night, compered to the shit we used to get off there coppers 20 years ago. Worst in England. I'd rather have that lot anyday.

Vicar

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
We were at Forest a few weeks ago, and the stewarding was the worst I've encountered in 30 years of following City away.

From the first whistle to the last the stewards were a complete pain in the arse. They seemed intent on provoking trouble, especially their 'chief'. His tactic was to pace up and down in front of the stand pointing his finger at people while whispering into his walkie-talkie. When anybody got pissed off with him he'd scuttle off to his bully boys, who would then wade into crowd and eject whoever had given him some stick.

We had something like 25 to 30 fans ejected in all. None of them had committed any sort of crime other than stand up.

I complained about the chief steward's behaviour to a copper at half time. His response was: "He's a complete wanker, most of us hate him, but there ain't nothing we can do about it. He's employed by the club, not by us."

I talked to the guy for quite a while, and he agreed with me that the stewards were creating far more problems than they were solving. But, nevertheless, he maintained that nothing could be done about it.

Great.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Re: Re: Re: Security at Forest

Buzza said:
That's my next away game!!
given us initial 1800,doubt more than 1000 will go,im going abd crewe,then a few local games westham derby cant wait

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
The Laughing Bluebird said:
We were at Forest a few weeks ago, and the stewarding was the worst I've encountered in 30 years of following City away.

From the first whistle to the last the stewards were a complete pain in the arse. They seemed intent on provoking trouble, especially their 'chief'. His tactic was to pace up and down in front of the stand pointing his finger at people while whispering into his walkie-talkie. When anybody got pissed off with him he'd scuttle off to his bully boys, who would then wade into crowd and eject whoever had given him some stick.

They were doing that last night.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
For bad security visit Brentford and QPR!

If you thought it was bad last year, you might be in for a surprise come New Years Day. Stewarding has been taken over by a different company and there have been a few incidents this season.

The allegations range from basic rudeness to deliberately winding up fans and allegations of assault. In one incident, a man was (allegedly) wrestled to the ground and punched several times in front of his kids before being thrown out ... his crime? Standing up!

Relations between fans and stewards are a little strained shall we say. You have been warned.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Last time we were at Loftus Road your stadium manager reported that a Cardiff fan had stabbed a steward. It was front page news here. A day later QPR issued an apology when it was discovered that the injured party was in fact a catering assistant who'd cut himself while preparing food!

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
timco said:
Then the gloom set in for him as they went through our 3 before that cheat Tait got his undeserved equaliser.

Apologies for sounding like a geek, but I'm pretty sure it was that little dwarf Ward (who they got from Everton) who scored a late penalty to give Brum an undeserved 3-3 draw..........;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here