Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Secure your seat at Falmer

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Secure Your Seat for Falmer
Posted on: Mon 20 Jul 2009

By Paul Camillin

Albion's existing season ticket holders will have first choice of seats at the club's new home at Falmer.

Chief executive Martin Perry has repeated today that season ticket holders will be the first to be invited to a series of hard-hat days in May 2011, which will be the start of several ramp-up events ahead of the opening match at the new stadium.

Each season ticket holder will be invited to attend a guided tour of the new stadium, asked to help test out some of the systems; and at the end they will be able to select their seats and reserve them with special stickers.

On a momentous day for the club, chief executive Perry explained, "With the first steel sections being erected today, the stadium is now really taking shape.

"We are so grateful to those people who have supported us through the long and difficult years since we left the Goldstone we are determined to make sure that they get first choice when it comes to selecting their seats in our new stadium."

Club sponsors, Friends of the Albion and companies who have taken hospitality at Withdean will also be given first choice on the corporate packages on offer.

"We will prioritise those people and companies who have supported us the longest but if supporters want to secure their seat at Falmer now is a good time to purchase a season ticket even if it is for the first time."

Meanwhile Perry also confirmed season ticket sales are up on the same period last year, with over 4000 tickets for the 2009/10 season already sold.

"There is a real feelgood factor at the club at the moment. Season ticket sales are up, the steel is going up and now let's hope Russell Slade can get the team up!"

Not FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffff I hope.

That's me at the front of the queue :)

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I'll rip off your sticker and put mine on it - with superglue - that is the best seat in the house.:clap2:

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
I thought they might do it with stickers, good idea so long as people don't pull them off. I'm really hoping they have an area close to the half way line for people who don't like leaving early every week,:clap2:

They should provide seat belts which only unlock once the final whistle has gone to stop it looking like the Emirates when the Gooners are loosing with 15 to go...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
They should provide seat belts which only unlock once the final whistle has gone to stop it looking like the Emirates when the Gooners are loosing with 15 to go...

That's a brilliant idea... They should also have spikes in the back that prod you if you don't sing for more than 5 minutes.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Are the club going to continue to ignore those that attend Withdean regularly, yet do not have a season ticket? I am sure there are plenty of fans that pay more into the clubs coffers than those with a season ticket, come the end of the season.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
They should have an electric element in each seat that gives out an electric shock if the person sitting there starts to moan, causing them to jump up in the air and scream, thus creating the illusion that they are getting behind the team.

Are the club going to continue to ignore those that attend Withdean regularly, yet do not have a season ticket? I am sure there are plenty of fans that pay more into the clubs coffers than those with a season ticket, come the end of the season.

If you're NOT a season ticket holder, what is the point of the Club inviting you to select a particular seat at Falmer?

Is that a seat that you expect to be kept empty on the off-chance that you might decide to drag yourself up to the stadium, should you find yourself not in the mood for shopping?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
That's a brilliant idea... They should also have spikes in the back that prod you if you don't sing for more than 5 minutes.

what about if you are a mute?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If you're NOT a season ticket holder, what is the point of the Club inviting you to select a particular seat at Falmer?

Is that a seat that you expect to be kept empty on the off-chance that you might decide to drag yourself up to the stadium, should you find yourself not in the mood for shopping?

Sorry, if I did not make myself clear. REGULAR visitors to Withdean (20+ games a season). Or do they not know how to work a database? Would it not be wise for the club to try and attract further season ticket holders?

I stopped going at the end of October (apart from the odd game now and then), having been to 90% + of all Withdean ties. Did the club contact me as to why I have stopped going? No. Wouldn't it be valuable information to the club as to why people have dropped out? Would it be difficult to mail a questionnaire to those persons or send an offer to coax them back?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

22,000 at Falmer, 4,000 season tickets sold. Sure you will be fine somehow

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Sorry, if I did not make myself clear. REGULAR visitors to Withdean (20+ games a season). Or do they not know how to work a database? Would it not be wise for the club to try and attract further season ticket holders?

I stopped going at the end of October (apart from the odd game now and then), having been to 90% + of all Withdean ties. Did the club contact me as to why I have stopped going? No. Wouldn't it be valuable information to the club as to why people have dropped out? Would it be difficult to mail a questionnaire to those persons or send an offer to coax them back?

Yes, yes it bloody would... I'm doing a dissertation on the quality of information used in public participation for Environmental Impact Assessment... based on questionnaired that's a hell of a lot narrower topic... and it's taking 1000s of hours of work. It would cost them tens of thousands of pounds to have people design and study the results of any questionnaire.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Apart from maybe the first game, and the odd cup game, everyone who wants to get in is going to get in for a good couple of years yet until we rebuild the fan base that started decaying long before we left the Goldstone (down to 8-9,000 odd), and has been further decimated at the Withdean shitehole.

With a very strong local marketing campaign to drum up support, allied to good results on the pitch, we could get our average back to 15,000-plus in the Championship. But it's not going to be easy, and there is no room for complacency from anyone at the club.

In the meantime, everyone can chill about getting in.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
what a surprise, season ticket holder's first, what about us fan's that travel far & wide & spend far more money than our so called loyal supporters. I know at least 4 STH that have not been to an away game for year's :censored:. PISSES ME OFF.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
what a surprise, season ticket holder's first, what about us fan's that travel far & wide & spend far more money than our so called loyal supporters. I know at least 4 STH that have not been to an away game for year's :censored:. PISSES ME OFF.

All the clubs you visit must really appreciate your cash.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I know at least 4 STH that have not been to an away game for year's :censored:. PISSES ME OFF.

Generally speaking, Falmer will be about people who want to go to home games. Away games will not be played there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here