Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Second Tory MP 'goes gay'

1066gull

Greg Barker is really in the shit of things Really at the moment.

I heard for the first time last month he was seperating with his wife, but yesterday in the paper he has left her FOR A MAN.

Talk about really putting yourself in the shit, when he was in a situation as shadow environment minister.

I would understand if he left his wife for another woman, but for f*** sake he may of ruined himself now of a chance of front line politics.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6087264.stm

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
...but who cares?

Christ, Albion fans are well aware of all the homophobia out there without adding fuel to the fire.

Does someone's sexuality really matter and is it our business?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Does it really make any difference whether he leaves his wife for a man or woman???

He has seperated from his wife, rather than some high profile caught in the act.....

I don't see how this will have ruined his career.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
thing is , many attitudes in England are homophobic , Brightons attitude (and this board) is not really that of the country and I'd say something like this is damaging.

No need to slate the poster on this one imo

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
So he left him for a man he must have blatently been screwing behind his wifes back whilst voting against gay rights in parliament.

The tories cant even wait to get in power before they sleaze it up.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So.....which gay rights did he vote against, or is this just rumour mongering to pander to all the anti-Tories out there?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Right...all you who called him anti-gay are f***ing LIARS OR JUST TOO LAZY TO CHECK THE FACTS

below is a link to a conservative Christian website where they quite clearly show that he voted FOR the civil partnership law AND the gender recognition laws which are really the only main piece of gay-related legislation since he was an MP.

http://www.christian.org.uk/mpvotes.php?selection=48&value1=48&value2=1

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Leave the bloke alone eh?

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
afters said:

To be fair, just because he is gay doesn't mean he should vote in favour of everything gay....

The negative vote that stands out was same rights for single people (including homosexuals) to adopt as those of married couples. Seems sensible to me.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Buzzer said:
Right...all you who called him anti-gay are f***ing LIARS OR JUST TOO LAZY TO CHECK THE FACTS

below is a link to a conservative Christian website where they quite clearly show that he voted FOR the civil partnership law AND the gender recognition laws which are really the only main piece of gay-related legislation since he was an MP.

http://www.christian.org.uk/mpvotes.php?selection=48&value1=48&value2=1

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Leave the bloke alone eh?

see above :wave:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Barrel of Fun said:
To be fair, just because he is gay doesn't mean he should vote in favour of everything gay....

The negative vote that stands out was same rights for single people (including homosexuals) to adopt as those of married couples. Seems sensible to me.
Not to me it doesn't, not in the slightest bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here