Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Second thoughts on Chelsea game

Was going, not now. Sold ticket last night.

I know I'm in a minority on here with this but the thought of seeing John Terry parading the European Cup around our ground was bad enough, but a Guard of Honour?

Not for me thanks.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Chelsea are European Champions fair enough. But to people that have followed the game longer than the last ten years - they are not the same as the the other clubs you mention. They are just not.

And I think it is great we have s friendly against the European Champions - but personally prefer to see pre-season friendlies at our local grounds.

(and I know you have been around the game longer than the last ten years)

What I will say is I love the non league game and I commend your comments regarding that, BHA on their Sussex travels do the local clubs a lot of good. For some it funds them for the season, so you have a big thumbs up from me. We do need some quality competition in friendlies too however and they don't come bigger at this moment than the European Champions and we can entice them to little old Brighton! Happy days.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
If it's anything like the Spurs game last season I'll enjoy it. I thought Brighton were excellent in that game (minus the goalkeeping errors), and it was an interesting one to watch. I'm anticipating a better game against Chelsea today.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
After 4 months of rowing with the wife every weekend the season cannot start soon enough

Shame they don't do mixed rowing in the Olympics or with that amount of training you'd stood a chance of a medal

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Pretty bloody glad I changed my mind.

No parade of trophy, a simple guard of honour, and then a cracking football match with Vicente in majestic form and Ashley Barnes equally impressive. No 'Chelsea love in' as we predicted it might be. Great to see the Amex in the sunshine with all the new seats too, fell in love all over again.

Roll on tomorrow night!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I didn't care that they were planning to do the whole trophy parade thing in the first place as I was quite looking forward to seeing it, but the fact that they didn't in the end makes it even funnier that people didn't go for that reason.

They've missed out on a BRILLIANT day at the Amex there.

Let me just Re-confirm this.

We BEAT the European Champions. A team boasting Euro 2012 top scorer. £32M Eden Hazard, arguably the best left back in the world and their other world class players. Brilliant.

And the Final topping was seeing Comedy David Luiz in the flesh. What a loon!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
It was a friendly. I can't really afford the season ticket (plus refreshments) so a £30 (plus ref) friendly isn't never going to tempt me. Add to that having to see the most hideous man in football I can honestly say I wouldn't have turned up for free.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here