Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Second thoughts on Chelsea game

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
How many fans that have decided to miss the Chelsea game are now having second thoughts?

I will be there & will also be there for the FDM game.

The reason I mention this is not because it's Chelsea but because this seems to have been the longest post/pre season in history.

The last competitive game we played was on 28th April & let's be honest that was a dead rubber.

Whether it is Chelsea or barnet I just want my life back.

I understand that we have bent over backwards to accommodate Chelsea & their demands to secure this fixture but we should also take credit for us being seen as
a worthy last warm up game before the charity shield.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
How many fans that have decided to miss the Chelsea game are now having second thoughts?

I will be there & will also be there for the FDM game.

The reason I mention this is not because it's Chelsea but because this seems to have been the longest post/pre season in history.

The last competitive game we played was on 28th April & let's be honest that was a dead rubber.

Whether it is Chelsea or barnet I just want my life back.

I understand that we have bent over backwards to accommodate Chelsea & their demands to secure this fixture but we should also take credit for us being seen as
a worthy last warm up game before the charity shield.

None...dont work don't get paid...going tuesday gd enuff for me...and all the home games and some away..so no regrets

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Yeah wasn't planning on going but ended up caving in in the end. Just miss watching Brighton too much

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
will watch stream pushing it a bit to walk that far yet
also dont want to see gus upset when the idiots boo JT

Last edited:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I thought I would get hammered after posting this so thank you for going easy on me.

I totally understand those that say they will be bored after 10 mins.

I'm not an Albion fan because the football is great I'm a fan because I love football.The fact that we now have a good team with a fantastic stadium is a bonus.

After 4 months of rowing with the wife every weekend the season cannot start soon enough

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
No second thoughts here at all, couldnt afford it and its better to go for the Reading game for a good cause rather than pay to see a team which won a big shiny trophy, who were being expected to rollover to (giving them 4k seats, giving them a guard of honour etc).

del_boy

Jul 3, 2012
BN1
im looking forward to getting back in the amex, seeing some live football and sitting with some friends who don't normally come!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
The fact that it's chelsea is irrelevant from my point of view.
I just want to see us at the amex again

D

Deleted member 18477

Kind of, but I'd be bored after ten minutes. Non competitive football is dull.

This for me. Even of it was 5-4 it's still not competitive. Which to me is what I enjoy most.

Can't wait to see the expanded stadium though, that's the only reason that I'd have gone for but want to save it for our first league game when the Amex is full. Can't wait for that!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I do find it mildly amusing that 'fans of Brighton' tell us that Chelsea is a nothing friendly, despite them being European Champions and us being the first to play them on English soil since, yet would cream themselves over Real Madrid, Barca, Inter, et al. You don't get a bigger friendly than the European Champions. Terribly sad people.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I do find it mildly amusing that 'fans of Brighton' tell us that Chelsea is a nothing friendly, despite them being European Champions and us being the first to play them on English soil since, yet would cream themselves over Real Madrid, Barca, Inter, et al. You don't get a bigger friendly than the European Champions. Terribly sad people.

Agreed!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

I will be there today & I will be there on Tuesday for FDM testimonial.

European champs or not I think this game has been arranged more for the benefit of Chelsea than Brighton.To me it seems like Chelsea want to celebrate the champions league win with their fans down by the sea side.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I will be there today & I will be there on Tuesday for FDM testimonial.

European champs or not I think this game has been arranged more for the benefit of Chelsea than Brighton.To me it seems like Chelsea want to celebrate the champions league win with their fans down by the sea side.

This was most definitely a favour to Poyet, they could have played whoever they wanted to play today but they chose us due to Poyet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here