Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Second Leg JPT match MAY be on Sky Sports

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Surely they'll decide after the first legs.

Correct. If Scunthorpe v Rotherham is 5-0 after the 1st leg, why show the 2nd leg on TV?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Cant quite understand why rotherham are the outsiders,i know they beat leeds,and pretty sure they did for leicester too,i hope it is the upt north game they show,and might encourage us to take up our full allocation.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Cant quite understand why rotherham are the outsiders,i know they beat leeds,and pretty sure they did for leicester too,i hope it is the upt north game they show,and might encourage us to take up our full allocation.

With free travel to the game promised, I would hope we would sell out or allocation!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
i really cant see why we wouldnt even if we get turned over at home,what is it 2 hours max? gotta be a sell out

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Surely it would make for a better story to show our 2nd leg? It gives the Sky Sports team something to talk about, what with Luton and their points deductions etc..They like that kind of stuff!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Correct. If Scunthorpe v Rotherham is 5-0 after the 1st leg, why show the 2nd leg on TV?

For the same reason they showed the brighton game in the last round. Shrewsbury had scored lots of goals in their previous games. At half time they openly admitted they aired the Brighton v shrewsbury game anticipating lots of goals.

If you want goals on your TV programme would you show the return of a 5-0, or the same team that last time they appeared on tv played out a dire first half, only slightly better second half 0-0 draw?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
For the same reason they showed the brighton game in the last round. Shrewsbury had scored lots of goals in their previous games. At half time they openly admitted they aired the Brighton v shrewsbury game anticipating lots of goals.

If you want goals on your TV programme would you show the return of a 5-0, or the same team that last time they appeared on tv played out a dire first half, only slightly better second half 0-0 draw?

Don't be so stupid.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You honestly believe they'd show the return leg of a 5-0 fixture instead of a 0-0 fixture because the last time the team was on tele they didn't score? Get real.

Ooh, an explanation for dismissing my points. Thank you!

They openly admitted they aired our last game because they were expecting goals. Lots of goals. There were other games they could have aired that I'm sure the fans of those teams thought were a more attractive option. So clearly, sky after after excitement and goalfests.

So, I think it would depend on the quality of our first leg. If our first leg was as dire as the shrewsbury game, I think there's every chance they'd air the return game of a goal fest over the return game of a boring dull johstone's paint trophy game, even if the winner of the borefest has yet to be determined, especially when at least one of the teams involved has a history of poor games (from an entertainment point of view) and the other is a league 2 team.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
There were other games they could have aired that I'm sure the fans of those teams thought were a more attractive option.

Really?

Scunthorpe v Tranmere
Rotherham v Darlington
Luton v Colchester

All those ties were just SCREAMING out to be televised:jester:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Ooh, an explanation for dismissing my points. Thank you!

They openly admitted they aired our last game because they were expecting goals. Lots of goals. There were other games they could have aired that I'm sure the fans of those teams thought were a more attractive option. So clearly, sky after after excitement and goalfests.

So, I think it would depend on the quality of our first leg. If our first leg was as dire as the shrewsbury game, I think there's every chance they'd air the return game of a goal fest over the return game of a boring dull johstone's paint trophy game, even if the winner of the borefest has yet to be determined, especially when at least one of the teams involved has a history of poor games (from an entertainment point of view) and the other is a league 2 team.

My dismissal of your points didnt warrant a justification and I'm not sure why I am. There's only one game they'd show in the situation you've put forward, and it's certainly not game that's a forgone conclusion.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My dismissal of your points didnt warrant a justification and I'm not sure why I am.

Oh right, so you're one of those people that interject in discussions without actually taking part in the discussions. I see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here