Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Second hand laptop needed!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Hi all.

I need a laptop so that I can basically keep up with emails on the move. Really need one but currently don't have the £350 required!!

Has anyone got a second hand one they don't use at the mo that they are looking to move on? Nothing flashy required just half decent internet speed and a USB port

PM me if you can help.

Warren

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Hi all.

I need a laptop so that I can basically keep up with emails on the move. Really need one but currently don't have the £350 required!!

Has anyone got a second hand one they don't use at the mo that they are looking to move on? Nothing flashy required just half decent internet speed and a USB port

PM me if you can help.

Warren

go to classified on here, a guy refurbishes them cheap

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Can you use 2 at once then?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
If you just want one for emails and basic stuff, these are even more portable, new and under £70

B Grade Windows CE Ultra-Portable Netbook : B Grade Sale : Maplin

WindowsCE 5 Inch Touch Screen MID : All Products : Maplin

I can soundly advice AGAINST getting these laptops.
I've had teh even shittier MIPS Architecture one (Processor type for those not in the know, windows runs on x86 and i think ARM).

THese are a slightly more expencive alternative to the one I had. The windows CE included is so so horrendous according to a guy on a forum for the laptop I had (he has both) and there are all kinds of problems that reduce them to nearly unusable. Trust me do not get the Maplin minibook/CnM Minibook or anything with the sames specs but a different name.

I can soundly advice AGAINST getting these laptops.
I've had teh even shittier MIPS Architecture one (Processor type for those not in the know, windows runs on x86 and i think ARM).

THese are a slightly more expencive alternative to the one I had. The windows CE included is so so horrendous according to a guy on a forum for the laptop I had (he has both) and there are all kinds of problems that reduce them to nearly unusable. Trust me do not get the Maplin minibook/CnM Minibook or anything with the sames specs but a different name.

I've never used this operating system but I was presuming it would be no worse than Windows Mobile 5, which is OK for basic stuff.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If you haven't got the dosh upfront, you can get one from your mobile provider as part of a broadband deal. I have one from Three which does the business for me.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Get an Iphone - £30 per month. Can also be used as a phone! (In place of your current one)

*awaitshowlsofderisionfromapplehaters*

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I've never used this operating system but I was presuming it would be no worse than Windows Mobile 5, which is OK for basic stuff.

Trust me, you couldn't be wronger! Its horrendous, partiularly on that computer, its just... not fit for purpose. I'd go with Mobile broadband w/free netbook OR get a netbook, some good ones to be had for just over 200, i'm on an NC10 and an EEE701SD, the EEE cost me about 180, the NC10 cost 250. Both solid laptops.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you haven't got the dosh upfront, you can get one from your mobile provider as part of a broadband deal. I have one from Three which does the business for me.

That's a pretty expensive route to ownership though, isn't it?

I have a Three wireless dongle thing - costs me £7.50 a month for 5gb. Over 24 months that is £180. A Samsung N130 is £230. Total cost = £410.

From what I can see, for £25 a month you get a Samsung N130 and the same 5gb/month. Total cost over 24 months = £600.

A c50% premium is a lot - you'd be better off just buying the N130 on a credit card, especially if you don't want mobile connectivity when you'd be paying £600 for a £230 machine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here