Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Second best supported team in League One last season?

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
Just came across this. Obviously stats can be twisted to show many different results, however it does show we've been making the best of what we've got at Withdean... It's been on average 73% full every game. Good effort Seagulls!

Picture 8.png

Hope it's not fixtures...

Statistics - Football365 News

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
Yeah all good but then it is a percentage of ground size. I am not sure (but would hope) that we can make 15k at our 20k (roughly 73%) Falmer week in week out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is good to show some of the MK Dons fans I know. They reckon they are bigger club than as. Yes may in ground size and facilities but their supports as the americans say SUCKS

Proof though that given the facilities and being the only club in the area it is possible to get thousands through the turnstiles. If MK Dons can go from nothing to over 10k average crowds in no time at all, 15 k season ticket sales at Falmer, for an established club, does not sound so difficult to achieve :shrug:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Firstly, fixtures.

Secondly, I can't believe anyone bothered to make a table of such pointless statistics.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Hmmm, this would be a great statisic if we were at 100% but all it shows is we can't even sell out the poxy ground we have got. Daft table to show really.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think we do bloody well considering we don't even have a roof and have been stick there for nearly a decade.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
No we are the 11th best supported club, we are 2nd as a % of capacity, if the capacity was double we would not get any more though the turnstiles

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Playing devil's advocate slightly, do you think that the fact MK Dons now have an average crowd of over 10,000 (must put them in the top 50, above some far more famous clubs) vindicates the controversial move?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Playing devil's advocate slightly, do you think that the fact MK Dons now have an average crowd of over 10,000 (must put them in the top 50, above some far more famous clubs) vindicates the controversial move?

I know plenty on here go apoplectic when talking about MK Dons but I have never heard a workable and viable plan that would have kept them in the Merton(?) area in a ground up to league standards. So would they be any better off now than they are as AFC Wimbledon if they had not moved and renamed?

The fact that a manufactured club have nurtured a 10k average crowd in such a short time probably does vindicate it as far as the owners and MK Dons fans are concerned. Before anybody asks the obvious, no I would not have liked it to have happened to us.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
So we won't get more than around 6-7k at Falmer then? :facepalm:

:facepalm: I'm pretty sure he meant if Withdean had an 18,000 capacity.

But I thought we were all agreed that their attendance figures were made up?!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You are actually quite predictable with your fixtures rubbish

You have all the hallmarks of someone who is a cock in life.

Whoah there newby, fixtures is an NSC institution! Don't take offence.

PS, I'm not resorting to calling you anything, as I don't believe in name calling. Particularly people I've never met.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nope. It just shows MK is big enough to support a mid sized team.

The fact remains they shouldn't have been allowed to steal a team from a London borough.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Hmmm, this would be a great statisic if we were at 100% but all it shows is we can't even sell out the poxy ground we have got. Daft table to show really.
Exactly. The average crowd is an infinitely more significant figure, unless it's ninety plus percent or something the percentage filled seems rather irrelevant (therefore I assume it was a Norwich fan who made this table).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here