Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sebastian Andersson

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I get excited when ever I see a transfer thread and I'd love us to unearth a Scandinavian wonder striker that has gone under the radar. But if I was scouting this fellow and had to give the green light to spend about £5m I'd have serious misgivings.
When you watch the highlights instead of watching Andersson's finishing have a look at the marking and the space he's being given.
I reckon he'd be a superstar at somewhere like Portsmouth or Plymouth but he's certainly a long way from Premier League ready.
Maybe the plan would be to buy him and loan him out immediately to get kicked a bit.

You may be right that he's not PL ready but with 8 in 14 in a decent league, it's fair to say he might be a bit too good for Plymouth.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
He would have been signed by Potter on a loan deal. Don't be pedantic.

It's not being pedantic though. There's a BIG difference between signing a player on loan (to fill a gap) and purchasing a player tying them to a long term contract. Given how well Mooy has been since he's come in, I would be very surprised if we didn't sign him permanently.

With Andersson the signing is a much bigger gamble though - given's his age, no prem experience and up to this season wasn't playing in one of the main leagues. We know Potter's history and ability to be able to improve players that have been written off previously, and if he's happy as a third / fourth choice player then..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's not being pedantic though. There's a BIG difference between signing a player on loan (to fill a gap) and purchasing a player tying them to a long term contract. Given how well Mooy has been since he's come in, I would be very surprised if we didn't sign him permanently.

With Andersson the signing is a much bigger gamble though - given's his age, no prem experience and up to this season wasn't playing in one of the main leagues. We know Potter's history and ability to be able to improve players that have been written off previously, and if he's happy as a third / fourth choice player then..
I know the word is banned by the club, but should a signing like this happen, next month, it will be purely based on 'moneyball'.

"What do we need?"
"5 goals".
"Ok so go and get me 5 goals".
"I don't need, 20 goals
I don't need goals in 4 years
I don't need resale value that will cost now.
Just go and buy me 5 goals and game management for other two".

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

"There's a BIG difference between signing a player on loan (to fill a gap) and purchasing a player tying them to a long term contract."..................what, like Ulloa ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think we should be looking at pacy strikers that can run the channels and interchange with Maupay and Connolly, not replacements for Glenn Murray. We don't play 4-5-1 any more.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looks like a possibility for January at that price.

No chance we will be paying overheated amounts this window.

Last edited:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Seems like this might be back on

Sebastian Andersson has scored 12 goals and three forwards in the Bundesliga.

Now Valencia and Brighton are stepping up the hunt for the 28-year-old - and both clubs should be prepared to buy off the Swedish national team striker this summer, according to data from
SportExpressen

Sebastian Andersson, 28, has had a successful season in Germany. His Union Berlin struggles to stay in the Bundesliga and is in a great form, but for the striker the goals continue to roll in.

Yesterday there was a new goal in the 4-1 loss away to Borussia Mönchengladbach, which means that Berlin now has four points down to Fortuna Düsseldorf, which parks in qualifying and another two points to good on Werder Bremen which is on relegation place.

Struggling to stay

However, Bremen has played a match less and will be playing their suspension match against Eintracht Frankfurt on Wednesday.

Andersson has scored a total of 12 goals and three forwards in the Bundesliga, which has resulted in a number of clubs joining the hunt to recruit the Swedish national team striker.

According to SportExpressen, the main interest comes from the Spanish Valencia and Graham Potter's Brighton. Potter knows Andersson well, and Brighton has had scouts in place at several of Union Berlin's games this season.

Berlin requires about SEK 60 million
Both clubs should be prepared to buy the Swede already this summer. His agent and the player himself are well aware of the interest from Valencia and Brighton and Union Berlin has been said to demand close to SEK 60 million to release the 28-year-old. Anders signed a new contract with Union Berlin at the beginning of the year and the new contract extends to the summer of 2022.

https://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/klubbar-i-pl-och-la-liga-vill-kopa-loss-andersson/

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Seems like this might be back on

Sebastian Andersson has scored 12 goals and three forwards in the Bundesliga.

Now Valencia and Brighton are stepping up the hunt for the 28-year-old - and both clubs should be prepared to buy off the Swedish national team striker this summer, according to data from
SportExpressen

Sebastian Andersson, 28, has had a successful season in Germany. His Union Berlin struggles to stay in the Bundesliga and is in a great form, but for the striker the goals continue to roll in.

Yesterday there was a new goal in the 4-1 loss away to Borussia Mönchengladbach, which means that Berlin now has four points down to Fortuna Düsseldorf, which parks in qualifying and another two points to good on Werder Bremen which is on relegation place.

Struggling to stay

However, Bremen has played a match less and will be playing their suspension match against Eintracht Frankfurt on Wednesday.

Andersson has scored a total of 12 goals and three forwards in the Bundesliga, which has resulted in a number of clubs joining the hunt to recruit the Swedish national team striker.

According to SportExpressen, the main interest comes from the Spanish Valencia and Graham Potter's Brighton. Potter knows Andersson well, and Brighton has had scouts in place at several of Union Berlin's games this season.

Berlin requires about SEK 60 million
Both clubs should be prepared to buy the Swede already this summer. His agent and the player himself are well aware of the interest from Valencia and Brighton and Union Berlin has been said to demand close to SEK 60 million to release the 28-year-old. Anders signed a new contract with Union Berlin at the beginning of the year and the new contract extends to the summer of 2022.

https://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/klubbar-i-pl-och-la-liga-vill-kopa-loss-andersson/

According to xe.com, 60 million Swedish Krona is about £5.1 million.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Mooy forgot how to play as soon as we signed him on a permanent, flawed plan :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would seem I rolled into the festive period fairly lucid.

Just how much would 5 goals, from January through to lockdown, be worth now?

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
He's a classic goal poacher. He can go through a game appearing almost anonymous, then appear out the blue and score. When he gets the service around the box, he can certainly be a clinical finisher. Can he make the step up to PL? I'm torn. He will be playing with a better quality midfield at Brighton and would surely get better service. I'll take a punt half on the fence and say yes. I think?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No longer allowed to talk about his future at the club as Union Berlin are allegedly in discussions with clubs.

Wonder if he is still one of the options? Would reportedly just cost around £6m so if the club wants a cheaper option I guess its not impossible.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No longer allowed to talk about his future at the club as Union Berlin are allegedly in discussions with clubs.

Wonder if he is still one of the options? Would reportedly just cost around £6m so if the club wants a cheaper option I guess its not impossible.

Naylor’s said we’re sniffing around Edouard & Nunez so I guess we’ll be looking at spending £15m+ on this mystery striker. This signing is as critical as keeping the likes of Dunk or White at the club, I don’t think we’re looking at the ‘value’ range to be honest.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Naylor’s said we’re sniffing around Edouard & Nunez so I guess we’ll be looking at spending £15m+ on this mystery striker. This signing is as critical as keeping the likes of Dunk or White at the club, I don’t think we’re looking at the ‘value’ range to be honest.

Be a change, but then bringing in Lallana signified a major change in strategy.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It looks like his £4 million pound release clause expires on Saturday morning.

Now or never really if he is on the list.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It looks like his £4 million pound release clause expires on Saturday morning.

Now or never really if he is on the list.

Absent from the two last Swedish training sessions, supposedly a slight knock.. but who knows.

Another former transfer target (trial in 2015) from Sweden, Jesper Karlsson, is apparently in discussions with a foreign club about a £2m transfer. Allsvenskan is poor and its unusual to go immediatly from playing here to playing in the PL (I can only think of Ljungberg really), but again.. you never know

Scored "goal of the year" in Allsvenskan last year (6:30)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpcnvMBVZIA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here