Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seb Carole...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Special mention for Mr Carole after seeing some of the unwarranted stick he's had on here since coming back, I thought he had a fine game last night.

That is all. :clap:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
This game and Tranmere. He was fantastic and provided excellent cover for Lua Lua, give him half a year I reckon he might be a good squad player, on the bench getting teh odd start when injuries or fatigue kick in.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Getting better all the time, all about getting minutes in. One moment of magic when he turned two and left them for dead

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Used to think he was useless, although in the last three games he has hugely improved.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Has changed from my point of view from a definite player to release to a possible one year deal. Has to keep it up for the rest of the season but looks like another player to benefit from our fantastic coaching team.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Perhaps the problem in his second spell here and at Tranmere, Darlington was that managers/coaches didn't percevere wth him? He has very good pedigree, maybe people just expected him to be the complete package straight away and make an instant impact. Poyet has been patient with him, eased him back into the mix and Seb has repaid Poyets faith in him with some pretty solid performances. Well done I say, I love it when a player proves their doubters wrong.

Poyet has obviously seen something in Seb others didn't and I think i'll trust Gus over an overweight phisio and whoever the manger was at Darlo at the time.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
he did do well last night, but i wouldn't reward him a contract for 1.5 reasonable performances. Yes, his confidence seems to have returned a bit, and it's great that Gustavo can engineer that feeling in people, but Carole would be a minimal player in a promotion-seeking side. If he wants to hang around, i wouldn't cry foul play, but nor would i herald it a wonder-move. I think we can do better.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
My guess is that his improvement is down to the coaching and man management ability of Gus and Tano. Carole always had ability but what has impressed me is he is playing as a team member now, tracking back better, even getting stuck in and winning tackles. Two assists in three games is a good return. If he can maintain this form he will provide sufficient competition to keep Bennett and LuaLua on their games, hopefully.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here