Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season's biggest plus so far ... Tommy Elphick

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Some people thought my thread about Forster being a disappointment was negative. Actually it was just an opinion.

So here's something positive.

What an outstanding season so far for young Tommy Elphick. Only two starting appearancies before this season and he plays like a seasoned pro already. Great defending, good distribution, the odd run upfield ... everything you could ask from a central defender.

He and Guy make for a very solid central defensive pairing (so would he and Joel). Three consecutive clean sheets says it all. We are very fortunate to be so well off for centre backs.

Well done Tommy. Player of the season if he keeps it up!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Agree with that entirely. A revelation and consistenly dependable. What is also a massive positive (dare I say it?) is that he clearly bleeds blue and white. Again, he tried geeing up the fans mid way through the second half. He has the confidence of a seasoned pro, which is remarkable considering he has only started 12 games!!

Without wishing to get carried away, this does not appear to be some sort of flash in the pan form. He has battled with some experienced strikers and kept his composure.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Elphick was IMMENSE on Saturday, and as he is YOUNG if he makes the odd mistake lets not crucify him OK.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Just seems it will be the end for Big Guy when Hinsh is back fully fit.

Did anyone else notice him running back to defend in the second half and shouting at Bas as he went past him to get back as well?

It is early days yet and we shouldn't build him up too much but he is showing terrific potential and great leadership qualities. Long may it continue. :drink::drink:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
only 'bad' game ive seen him had was at bournemouth - and even then he was still one of out better players on the night

very promising, but mustn't get too carried away - remember how well cox started last season

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
lol Hinch will never be fit.

Sadly, what he said.

I think Hinch is a millstone for us at the moment and the last thing we need is Butts out for too long. But with Butts experience, and the abilities of Elphick and Lynch, we will be in good shape when Butts finally hangs up his boots.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Funny that a lot of people were slating him when he first broke into the team last year. People were saying he is to slow and not that great in the air.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Elphick has caught most of us by surprise this year, he looks the real deal. We still have Hinshelwood and Lynch to return too so it gives us plenty of defensive options.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Some people thought my thread about Forster being a disappointment was negative. Actually it was just an opinion.

So here's something positive.

What an outstanding season so far for young Tommy Elphick. Only two starting appearancies before this season and he plays like a seasoned pro already. Great defending, good distribution, the odd run upfield ... everything you could ask from a central defender.

He and Guy make for a very solid central defensive pairing (so would he and Joel). Three consecutive clean sheets says it all. We are very fortunate to be so well off for centre backs.

Well done Tommy. Player of the season if he keeps it up!

and again we agree -he looked amazing first few games (and pre-season ) and was worried about whether he could keep up - no worries now :albion2:

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Funny that a lot of people were slating him when he first broke into the team last year. People were saying he is to slow and not that great in the air.

It probably didn't help that when he played at the end of last season he had a hernia injury which restricted his mobility somewhat.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

Can you show us evidence of this? I can't recall it.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
he's made a couple of errors which led to goals but I don't care, he puts everything into his game and he's already shows how good he is.

Great player

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Can you show us evidence of this? I can't recall it.

there were definently those at withdean who were saying it - unfortunately, i doubt many people take a dictophone to matches to record what people around them are saying just incase they are asked to prove it on north stand chat :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here