Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season tickets

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
An idea for season ticket pricing for next season - why don't we follow the lead set by Bradford this season and sell season tickets at a much reduced and affordable price to help persuade the missing fans back.
I suggest something around the £200 mark which is around half price.
I'm sure at this price we would double the amount of season ticket holders as this would work out at under a tenner a game.

6,000 STH @ £200 = £1.2M

At current prices we are likely to have 3,000 STH renewals: 3,000 STH @ £400 = £1.2M also.

The figures are the same but the club would make a lot more on match days through the sale of merchandise, programme sales, food/drink sales etc.

The bigger crowds would also possibly create a better atmosphere and inspire the players to producing the goods on the pitch.

It would also make it a lot more affordable for people to bring their kids along which is vital because they are our future.

Thoughts anyone?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I'd get a season ticket if it was only £200. Don't think it would ever happen though, doubt we would get 6k even at that price.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I think in the Bradford case they had to sell so many for the discount to kick in.

So if the club were to say Season tickets at £200, but we have to sell 6,000 otherwise they will be say £300 if we sell between that and 4,500 or £400 if we sell less than 4,500. Then I am sure all STH's would be actively trying to pursaude other Albion fans to get a season ticket and would do much of the clubs advertising for them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
An idea for season ticket pricing for next season - why don't we follow the lead set by Bradford this season and sell season tickets at a much reduced and affordable price to help persuade the missing fans back.
I'm sure at this price we would double the amount of season ticket holders as this would work out at under a tenner a game.

6,000 STH @ £200 = £1.2M

At current prices we are likely to have 3,000 STH renewals: 3,000 STH @ £400 = £1.2M also.

The figures are the same but the club would make a lot more on match days through the sale of merchandise, programme sales, food/drink sales etc.

The bigger crowds would also possibly create a better atmosphere and inspire the players to producing the goods on the pitch.

It would also make it a lot more affordable for people to bring their kids along which is vital because they are our future.

Thoughts anyone?

I think one suggestion that I heard which is a pretty good one was that you could buy a Roving ST for the stand behind the goal......in other words, it is not seat specific ( which I think should be looked at at Falmer) but instead allowed you to take a mate/family etc and be able to sit by them.

With my current ST, if any of my mates were feeling specifically motivated to come along, they would end up down one end of the pitch and me the other.....having a roving ticket should alleviate that.

On another point, I would be interested to know just what the overall %age of home receipts are actually merchandising, food etc. I wouldn't have thought it was that huge.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
Albion season-tickets cost far too much. I pay nearly £500 for mine. Oxford United season-tickets cost a maximum of £250, the cost having been frozen for four years.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Albion season-tickets cost far too much. I pay nearly £500 for mine. Oxford United season-tickets cost a maximum of £250, the cost having been frozen for four years.

That's because they play in a shit league:thumbsup:

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
I would love to see them a lot cheaper.
However,some fans have 3 year or 10 year tickets so it is unlikely to be reduced that much.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The only flaw with the system of offering every £200 season tickets, is that you lose a lot of fans who would normally buy single games.

3,000 people paying £400 =£1.2m
BUT you get say 1,500 (away included) paying an average of about £15 (family stand etc), which works out at £22.5k a game, which is £517k a season.

If you introduced £200 season tickets...

6,000 paying £200 = £1.2m
However you're potentially losing 1,000 fans who would normally buy single games. Lets say we get an average of 500 away fans, and in this case only 200 people buying single matches, works out at £10k a game, or £230k a season.

So to summarise:

Income from pricing ST at £400 = £1.7m in total
Income from pricing ST at £200 = £1.4m in total

Obviously these are just estimations, and could be way off, but I hope I got my point across.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008

6,000 STH @ £200 = £1.2M

Thoughts anyone?

But you're forgetting something.

Say our ground can take 8000, just make it a lump sum, by having 6000 season tickets which generates the same money as 3000 we will have less tickets available so would probably actually end up with less. With the 3000 we have 5000 seats available which are taken up to a degree, with 6000 we'd only have 2000 left.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
That's because they play in a shit league:thumbsup:

Oxford aren't playing particularly well this season but are averaging almost 5k a game, not much different to the Albion at the moment, we might be playing in a higher league but are we providing value for money? Oxford do have the advantage of a much bigger, albeit 3-sided, stadium than we do...in fact the contrast with Withdean couldn't be much greater. My understanding is that they are trying to maintain their fanbase in the hope that they can get back into the league, better to play in front of a half full stadium than one with just a couple of thousand fans in it, maybe the Albion could adopt the same approach but with the Championship as the target.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Interesting thread. Certainly, the closer we get to moving into Withdean the more sense it makes economically to shift seats at a loss in order to increase the season ticket number base.

If the club is aiming to have a sustainable crow of, say, 12-14,000 it will probably need 8-10,000 season ticket holders. If you've already got 6,000 season ticket holders it is a hell of a lot easier to get to the 10,000 figure than if you've got less than 4,000 now.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
As it stands I wont be renewing my season ticket next season.

If it were only £200 I probably would.

Not likely to happen though. That would be less than HALF price.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As it stands I wont be renewing my season ticket next season.

If it were only £200 I probably would.

Not likely to happen though. That would be less than HALF price.

you are a BAD FAN

Nor will I btw:D:D:D:D

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I like DTG's idea of the "roving" season ticket. Thats a very good shout buying a ticket for a stand as oposed to a specific seat. This would then enable more flexibility when a STH wants to take an occasional fan along, or a son/daughter to the odd game now and then and still be able to actually sit with them at the game.

Maybe the South Stand 'wings' could also accommodate the "Roving Season Tickets" (say blocks A & B and H & J). Sit where ya like, and anyone who buys a single ticket for any of those blocks can also sit where they want within those blocks.

Why WOULDN'T this work ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I like DTG's idea of the "roving" season ticket. Thats a very good shout buying a ticket for a stand as oposed to a specific seat. This would then enable more flexibility when a STH wants to take an occasional fan along, or a son/daughter to the odd game now and then and still be able to actually sit with them at the game.

Maybe the South Stand 'wings' could also accommodate the "Roving Season Tickets" (say blocks A & B and H & J). Sit where ya like, and anyone who buys a single ticket for any of those blocks can also sit where they want within those blocks.

Why WOULDN'T this work ?

because football administrators are all control freaks and want to tell us all what to do, where to sit, what to eat etc etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here