Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

season tickets next season?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
No ticket exchange and only 500 or so match by match tickets are causing this. I was in the club shop yesterday and 2 different blokes came in asking how they can get a ticket, they used to stand at the Golstone for 20 years etc etc, but had no purchase history so couln't even start the process to get a ticket.
Its all a bit wrong. Look I havent missed out on any matches I have targeted to go for, but I can't build up enough points because I can't go to enough games, I'm sure when I get to 60 points, they requirement will go up to 100 or so.
I just think the club should hold back 10% for match by match and have a membership scheme or whatever but this scramble for tickets is causing people to buy ST's just to reserve seats and clearly some are not passing them on as we've only had one gate over 20k.

I see where you're coming from but I want to counter a couple of these points. We're all hearing stories of these people who stood at the Goldstone for 20 years and now can't get a ticket, it sounds unfair but it always seems a bit fishy when the first game they want to go to is Liverpool? Where were they for the past 2 seasons at Withdean, where were they for Gillingham or Sunderland which did NOT require a purchase history to get a ticket.

Don't worry about the 60 point thing, it's a red herring - hardly any seats were sold for Leeds and Palace during the 60 point window. If they raise it to 100 then it will exclude even more people.

Finally, I would be very annoyed if they introduced a membership scheme for non-STH. I, like you, have a got a ticket for every game I've wanted to go to, six so far, by being organised. I would be mighty pissed off if they made pay to join a membership scheme. I'm still worried by that big MEMBERSHIP'S tab on the online ticket site.

P.S

Jun 23, 2011
Lancing
I currently have 3 ST's in the North Stand each with it's own generation of my family, my dad, my 4 year old lad and myself, we will defo be renewing and hopefully in a couple of seasons when my daughter is old enough, I'll be able to add another season ticket and stay in the North, if not the kids will have to share the seat coz I'm staying in the North Stand lol

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I see where you're coming from but I want to counter a couple of these points. We're all hearing stories of these people who stood at the Goldstone for 20 years and now can't get a ticket, it sounds unfair but it always seems a bit fishy when the first game they want to go to is Liverpool? Where were they for the past 2 seasons at Withdean, where were they for Gillingham or Sunderland which did NOT require a purchase history to get a ticket.

Don't worry about the 60 point thing, it's a red herring - hardly any seats were sold for Leeds and Palace during the 60 point window. If they raise it to 100 then it will exclude even more people.

Finally, I would be very annoyed if they introduced a membership scheme for non-STH. I, like you, have a got a ticket for every game I've wanted to go to, six so far, by being organised. I would be mighty pissed off if they made pay to join a membership scheme. I'm still worried by that big MEMBERSHIP'S tab on the online ticket site.

Yes you have to be organised but its not just the Liverpool game im talking about, its all matches. I cant go to Liverpool but I'm getting tickets for my mate on his fan number etc, because he doesnt know how to do it and is a bit computer illiterate. So I haven't had a problem but unless you are online at 9am you won't get one and its such a small amount on sale. It just annoys me to see empty seats because of the STH reserve a seat culture. Need a ticket exchange!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We have done the same thing in buying an extra seat between the three of us which works out at about £11 a month each which is effectively nothing.

I can also assure you that the seat is filled for every home game.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Currently have a ST for myself and my two younger sons. Last home game, one of the boys couldn't make it, so took my 8 year old daughter in his place. Unfortunately....she loved it...! Could present an expensive problem next season.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
We have done the same thing in buying an extra seat between the three of us which works out at about £11 a month each which is effectively nothing.

I can also assure you that the seat is filled for every home game.

Thats fine that your "extra" seat is filled, well done. I hope the extra persons you take are Albion fans that deserve the ticket as those persons using the extra seat are getting to a game ahead of anyone that has any loyalty points or has to wait until 9am on certain days to clamber for the remaining few. Of course its your ticket and you can give it to who you like, but can you see the point i'm making? Nothing personal.
You may fill your reserved seat but others clearly don't. I've heard of people that bought ST's and have only been to one game and can't be arsed to lend the ticket to anyone. They purely bought a season ticket to get to big games.
I suppose I should go on the waiting list to get a ticket for next season and as I am working stanby most of the time, I just won't go and leave the seat empty when I can't go?

Anyway, made my point, alot of STH's won't agree but then theres alot on non-STH's that will.
It could all be sorted by a decent ticket exchange.

oxymoron

NSC Patron
Feb 25, 2011
Thats fine that your "extra" seat is filled, well done. I hope the extra persons you take are Albion fans that deserve the ticket as those persons using the extra seat are getting to a game ahead of anyone that has any loyalty points or has to wait until 9am on certain days to clamber for the remaining few. Of course its your ticket and you can give it to who you like, but can you see the point i'm making?

No!!, wake up and smell the coffee. The club has moved on, each seat occupied, or not, has a £ sign on it,its already been payed for, we are the new Chelsea on the coast, the ground is sold out. Next year I will be surprised if the average ticket price isn't doubled, I think TB has repaid the debt he might have thought he owed to the old loyal fans by building the new stand,and giving you subsidized tickets for this season. Any body not able, or who feels disinclined to pay the extra costs next year will be replaced by the new fans who will take the club forward and realize that top quality football comes at a price........

Josimojo

Aug 4, 2011
I'll (hopefully) be getting one next season, currently in my last year at Uni, though I've managed to get down for most games this season so far. I hope loyalty points get taken into consideration rather than just position on the waiting list!

sparky999

Aug 5, 2011
does any know if the waiting list for season tickets next year will be literally a queue of first on the list, first to get a ST or will the loyalty scheme come into play....?

i hope it does!

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Currently have a ST for myself and my two younger sons. Last home game, one of the boys couldn't make it, so took my 8 year old daughter in his place. Unfortunately....she loved it...! Could present an expensive problem next season.

Same for me. Me and my son have one each but my daughter wanted to go to a game and now she wants to go to them all so she is on the waiting list for next season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Will hopefully keep our front row WSU seats 'for ever', unless the Club do an Arsenal and rip us off.
Can't really see that happening, as not the mass pop'n of London/Herts to tap into & dump old fans as Arsenal did.

So glad we got our seats. Love the WSU, stadium, concourse, modern vibe, and real feeling the club can't be stopped in its rise.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Depends on job,gf and how the 180 mile journey fairs this season! Wouldn't mind sharing with a mate next season potentially,wouldn't get rid though!

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Depends on job,gf and how the 180 mile journey fairs this season! Wouldn't mind sharing with a mate next season potentially,wouldn't get rid though!

180 mile journey from Patcham? Wow knew there were issues with the park & ride but that's pretty extreme! ;)

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
If they expand the capacity I hope they keep a large number available for walk ups. I know so many people who
want to give it a go, but can't / won't commit to ST's as they support other teams, or have other weekend pressures.

That is the way to truly build the fan base imo

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Definately renewing, but as others would be getting one anyhow. Had one at Goldstone, seemed to have blanked out Gillingham but think I might have had one there and of course the shithole that was Withdean, so not going to stop now we have a f*cking brilliant ground. Will have to buy upto 3 in the not so distant future too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here