Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Tickets - Bayern Munich style...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
State of the art new modern stadium, 69,000 capacity, and this is Bayern Club President Uli Hoeness on the clubs season tickets. One third of them - 12,500 - are sold for £104. This is apparently made possible by selling 2,100 corporate seats for £7,000.

"We could charge more than £104. Lets say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income, but whats £2m to us ? In a tranfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan. We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody. Thats the biggest difference between us and England".

The fact that Bayern is 82% controlled by "ordinairy members" (ie fans) obviously plays a big part in this, but what a fantastic philosophy. The corporates effectively subsidising cheap tickets for the cattle class. Be nice if this was adopted at you-know-where. Obviously £104 for an adult season ticket wouldn't really be viable, but it'll be interesting to see what the cheap seats will be priced at when you compare it to Germanys premiere club.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I am concerned we're going to lose a lot of money by selling most of our corporate seats for life, thus not benefitting from future price hikes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am concerned we're going to lose a lot of money by selling most of our corporate seats for life, thus not benefitting from future price hikes.

just as well we're not selling corporate seats for life then.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I wish we could swap the German setup, their ethics and stadia for our top flight.
Absolutely. I read that article yesterday. As Easy says 82% of Bayern Munich is owned by the fans (who recently voted against more corporate investment) and the other 18% is owned by 'decent' German companies, i.e. not some foreigners looking either for a quick buck, a plaything or a way of laundering suspect funds.

The German clubs view their fans as partners almost. Here we're viewed as 'customers' to be fleeced in every way imaginable. Brighton aren't as bad as most, but clubs like Liverpool and Man U (to name but two) are now owned by people who have no affinity with the sport or the region but just want to make money. And while you're being fleeced please sit down in nice orderly rows so we can control you more easily. (Keeping terraces is of course something else the German clubs did for their fans).

Pricing, transport, ethics, stadia, the Germans piss over us in almost every respect and not just in the records or our respective national teams. Fair play to them. I really hope Bayern Munich win the Champions' League. (Assuming they're in it.) And if they can stuff our Yank-owned corporate money factories in the process so much the better

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Further proof (if any was needed) that the Germans are infinitely better than us.

Shame we have so many in-denial retards in England who can't see past Premier League propaganda and think England is the best place in the world for football! :lol:

life on mars 73

Oct 19, 2010
Prices are pretty reasonable in other countries too.

A few years back, when my son was interested in Italian football, I discovered that you could buy a season ticket at the San Siro, for either AC or Inter, for less than 100 euros !

That was also the era of dirt-cheap budget flights, and we worked out that the two of us could enjoy flights to Milan, see the game and spend a night at a 3 star hotel, all for less than £100 !

I also had a mate who lived in Barcelona, and season tickets were very cheap there too.

Like you say, a million miles away from the overpriced tawdry spectacle that is the Premiership.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
We're going to st. paulie in 3 weeks and since our last visit 2 years ago i have heard that things have changed.

It'll be interesting to hear what the FCSP fans are not liking these days but they've certianly built a new stand and tickets weren't that cheap when we went in 08 (about €18, compare that to Hertha which is about €10 ... but much larger stadium).

Personally I could watch german football all day long in one of their grounds.

As another poster pointed out, it's their 'ethics' which I envy the most.

I may be wrong but when UEFA pushed the no-terrace thing on Europe, the DFB threatened to boycott. UEFA backed down like kittens.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I wish we could swap the German setup, their ethics and stadia for our top flight.

SPOT ON sir. the german league is by far the most enlightened and progressive in europe. not just the top flight either, the full pyramid is brilliantly run along the same fairness and fans-first ideals.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Yep read the article too. German's have got it all right - think it worked out at a fiver a game!!! Biggest European league in terms of crowd sizes too, supporters respected, listened to, conferred with and involved at all levels because it makes good business sense to do that at the end of the day. Hopefully with things like 'Ask The Club' the marketing side of BHA will realise that if they listen to what we want in terms of merchandise, ticketing arrangements etc. it will be in the club's financial interest in the long term.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
We're going to st. paulie in 3 weeks and since our last visit 2 years ago i have heard that things have changed.

It'll be interesting to hear what the FCSP fans are not liking these days but they've certianly built a new stand and tickets weren't that cheap when we went in 08 (about €18, compare that to Hertha which is about €10 ... but much larger stadium).

Personally I could watch german football all day long in one of their grounds.

As another poster pointed out, it's their 'ethics' which I envy the most.

I may be wrong but when UEFA pushed the no-terrace thing on Europe, the DFB threatened to boycott. UEFA backed down like kittens.

I went a couple of weeks ago and it seemed pretty good to me.There is a new stand now but it still has a terrace on the lower tier and the fans in that section made an almighty racket for the whole 90 minutes. Prices seem to range from 10Euro to 30Euro. It's pretty difficult to get tickets now as they have been promoted and have had their best ever start to a bundesliga season.

The atmosphere around the game is superb and if you can't get in you can watch the game at local bars.

I agree with the other posters that German football puts us to shame.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

You still have to pay £75 a month or whatever it is, which can be subject to price hikes. No one has a seat for life, because if you stop paying you lose it, I believe.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You still have to pay £75 a month or whatever it is, which can be subject to price hikes. No one has a seat for life, because if you stop paying you lose it, I believe.

This, plus the fact that the premium seats are sold on 5 year licenses. In effect it's a five year season ticket.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No, about 5% of them have been, so I'm told.

Really? So 150 have been sold for £99 in perpetuity? I have not heard of this (not that I'm privvy to all things Albion) and I do find it hard to believe to be honest.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here