Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Waiting List

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
When did the charging to be on the waiting list start? We didn't pay to go on it last season when we knew we were moving back in the summer.

From my experience last summer also, I'd say don't commit to seats too early unless you definitely want them. We reserved some that we weren't too sure about, so kept checking back with the ticket office and gradually managed to move nearer to our preferred location as others released seats back to the market (or, judging by the match by match ticket sales, the club decided to sell in different areas). A few weeks before the start of the season, we managed to get seats pretty much where we wanted and made the final commitment.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Blimey, apart from the better atmosphere in the north, the EU is my favourite stand.

Have to agree, the atmosphere is not to bad. The view is fantastic. I go to enough away games where you can be part of a great atmosphere, and at home get a good view of all the play

oleoleolevicente

Jan 16, 2013
Have also 'bought' a place on the waiting list. Is there a point in this though? Been at the Amex the last three games and were many empty seats V Derby and Hull.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Have also 'bought' a place on the waiting list. Is there a point in this though? Been at the Amex the last three games and were many empty seats V Derby and Hull.

Well not all the seats can be sold as ST due to away attendance's especially with cup allocations. I believe Arsenal had 4000, and could have requested a few more.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Also that the new 300+ seat balcony above the northwest corner will be offered to schools and youth groups helping to build the next generation of fans - fantastic idea!

That's a great idea if true.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I genuinely don't understand why there is a waiting list given the number of match day tickets that are NOT selling out. I could understand why there may be a waiting list for a part of the ground that is sold out, say the North or WSU, but if someone is ready and willing to lock into a season ticket now then why aren't we getting them on board before they change their minds?

I can only assume that the club prefer to have everyone on the same annual cycle and/or are seeking to create the illusion of high demand/low supply.

Cutting to the chase: I'm sure you'll get your tickets for next season without any problems, particularly if you're not too bothered about where those seats are.

very much this.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
True, once I get the season ticket, will I be allowed to refer to Brighton as "we" ?

No. Thanks for the money and all that... but i wish you, and people like you, would keep well away (unless you're in the away end). It's Brighton's home ground. If we can't fill it with Brighton fans, then so be it.

It's not impossible to access Chelsea tickets... why don't you make a bit more effort and do that instead. It's too expensive, it's too far away, it's sold out... pathetic level of support. You will never be 'us' and you'll never be welcome in my book.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
No. Thanks for the money and all that... but i wish you, and people like you, would keep well away (unless you're in the away end). It's Brighton's home ground. If we can't fill it with Brighton fans, then so be it.

It's not impossible to access Chelsea tickets... why don't you make a bit more effort and do that instead. It's too expensive, it's too far away, it's sold out... pathetic level of support. You will never be 'us' and you'll never be welcome in my book.
I do, or did , at £59 for the cheapest ticket , I decided I'd had enough, I can live with you not wanting JCL'S , thats your choice, but dont tell me I havent made enough effort over the past 35 years.
Perhaps you should do a bit more research before opening your big mouth ?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I do, or did , at £59 for the cheapest ticket , I decided I'd had enough, I can live with you not wanting JCL'S , thats your choice, but dont tell me I havent made enough effort over the past 35 years.
Perhaps you should do a bit more research before opening your big mouth ?

That's fine. Football is super expensive. But Albion season tickets aren't free are they. It's not the JCLs that annoy me, it's the patronisers like you.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
That's fine. Football is super expensive. But Albion season tickets aren't free are they. It's not the JCLs that annoy me, it's the patronisers like you.
I think you're being a tad silly though, why fellow Albion fans cant get on is beyond me, we all need to pull in the same direction for the good of our club, wouldn't you agree ?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I think you're being a tad silly though, why fellow Albion fans cant get on is beyond me, we all need to pull in the same direction for the good of our club, wouldn't you agree ?

good spot sir. you're still not welcome though

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
good spot sir. you're still not welcome though

He's more than welcome in my opinion. You need to deal with the fact that we are becoming a big club and in order to facilitate growth we need JCL/converts, unless you want us to be playing the likes of Burton Albion.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I wasn't aware there was a waiting list to be honest. There was a family sat near us in the family stand who just stopped coming, I did hear the dad may have lost his job. Any way there were a few different groups using the seats up until Christmas, but now there is a new group of regulars, I assume they have got season tickets somehow. They don't seem to know too much about Brighton and the players and I think the dad says they come down from South London for games. Nice enough bunch though, although they don't seem to have been in the country that long. I think he said they were originally from Nigeria. It would be good if they could recommend a couple of players for us, what with their recent win in the African Cup of Nations.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why not ? As far as I'm concerned I'm just as much a fan as you , I've paid my money ,what makes you some sort of authority on who is and isn't a fan , i'm a seagull now , deal with it.

Nice reply. We need more 'Damascus'moments if we are to grow. My dad was a Pompey fan but took me to the Albion (lucky escape). If it wasn't for people like him there would be far fewer Albion fans now.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I wasn't aware there was a waiting list to be honest. There was a family sat near us in the family stand who just stopped coming, I did hear the dad may have lost his job. Any way there were a few different groups using the seats up until Christmas, but now there is a new group of regulars, I assume they have got season tickets somehow. They don't seem to know too much about Brighton and the players and I think the dad says they come down from South London for games. Nice enough bunch though, although they don't seem to have been in the country that long. I think he said they were originally from Nigeria. It would be good if they could recommend a couple of players for us, what with their recent win in the African Cup of Nations.
Its my wife's brother and his family.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice reply. We need more 'Damascus'moments if we are to grow. My dad was a Pompey fan but took me to the Albion (lucky escape). If it wasn't for people like him there would be far fewer Albion fans now.
:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here