Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Sales

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:
http://85.234.132.19/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80741

Down by almost 1000 on last year.

LOTS of empty seats at Withdean me thinks, unless we actually sign a househould name

Too bad. that's what come with a gutless exit from the Championship. Fail to spend fifty grand on a short-term contract on a proven striker in the January transfer window, lose a million quid in telly rights, season ticket sales, merchandise.

Stupid fuckers :angry:

Re: Re: Season Ticket Sales

Tom Hark said:
fifty grand on a short-term contract on a proven striker

If this bit in your post was true, you would indeed have cause to be upset.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
What makes you say that ?

Just a gut feeling.

The team that Coppell built for the assault on League 1 was dire to watch apart from Rushden and Sheff Weds, it continued to be dire but effective under McGhee.

This is now McGhee's team, I believe that we will be good enough to compete at this level and I expect McGhee's natural attacking instincts to come though this season.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I agree about the club not being particularly proactive to encourage sales. I've been a season ticket holder for a number of years and didn't renew last season due to changes at work where I had to now work every other Saturday.

But when the renewals went out back in March they didn't even write a standard 'would you be interested in rejoining this year' type letter. I still would'nt due to work commitments but as I'm on their database as a previous season ticket holder of many years I was surprised they didn't try to entice me back.

If it was my business (and I'm partly involved in Marketing), I would have written to all previous holders encouraging them back.

I will still try to get to as many games as possible this year and looking at the dates and work commitments I should be able to make at least 14 of the 23 matches. Also hopefully if we can find a recognised forward and a couple of other new faces before the season starts and get off to a good start I'm sure the crowds will pick up. Regardless of the fact that we're in a lower division, if the team does well the attendances will improve.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I have not had a season ticket at Withdean yet pratically go to all of the games. I miss out on maybe three or four a season so it is not really worth getting a ST. I will still be going :clap2: and I can't wait for the season to start!

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

Tom Hark said:
Too bad. that's what come with a gutless exit from the Championship. Fail to spend fifty grand on a short-term contract on a proven striker in the January transfer window, lose a million quid in telly rights, season ticket sales, merchandise.

:clap:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Tom Hark said:

Bit harsh

:ohmy: :ohmy:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Tom Hark said:

Which 'proven striker' was that then ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: Re: Season Ticket Sales

Titanic said:
Which 'proven striker' was that then ?

Jeffers. Zamora. Carlton Cole. Van Nistelrooy. Defoe.

All those players were not playing regular football and would have jumped at the chance of playing for us, if only we had appraoched them. I blame DK and MM. :angry:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I was considering not renewing this year, but that was purely down to financial constraints, not the quality of footy on offer etc etc.

I did renew in the end, though :)

Bring it on!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
Just a gut feeling.

The team that Coppell built for the assault on League 1 was dire to watch apart from Rushden and Sheff Weds, it continued to be dire but effective under McGhee.

This is now McGhee's team, I believe that we will be good enough to compete at this level and I expect McGhee's natural attacking instincts to come though this season.

And a side that was dire and top isnt effective?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
And a side that was dire and top isnt effective?

The question was "why did I think the team this year would be attractive to watch"?

I'd rather watch an attractive team that stays down for a season than another one like Coppell built that goes up and needs rebuilding with no money...again. Next time we go up I'd like to think the team has a chance to compete.

Bored with effective, England are generally effective and I hate watching them play :)

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
The question was "why did I think the team this year would be attractive to watch"?

I'd rather watch an attractive team that stays down for a season than another one like Coppell built that goes up and needs rebuilding with no money...again. Next time we go up I'd like to think the team has a chance to compete.

The signing on of the old guard has put it back a year i think.
If they do go up the teams key players will be another year older.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Also when they came back to Brighton there was a buzz. We got out of div 4 and played good football. Zamora got the ball in the onion bag and people wanted to see it. Problem is we have not built on that due to all the problems we all knowe about and interest has waned. Whilst at Withdean the club have not been able to fund any ambition and people get bored.

Plus its BLOODY EXPENSIVE

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
The signing on of the old guard has put it back a year i think.
If they do go up the teams key players will be another year older.

A flirt with promotion with decent if inconsistant football being played and staying down will not be a bad thing imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here