Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket sales UP on last year!

While technically it is a possibility, if that were to happen the investment in the future fan base who would probably be hooked by having a good team and probably much improved atmosphere, would be worth it in the long term.

And that is EXACTLY what the club needs right now-new fans who are into the habit of going to watch The Albion at home where the money stays with the club.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Surely its better to get someone pay £120 for a season ticket and have the money in the bank than hope the individual seat is sold every match. For example if there are 4k STHs , the away allocation is taken , there are still approx. 3k tickets left to scramble over when we are top of the league.

Falmer Faithful

Patience is a virtue...
Jun 5, 2008
I'm a first year season ticket holder now (paying adult price) as able to put money in at start of season for first time instead of buying weekly.
Looking forward to the start of the season and hoping a few more weekly attendees of my age will have been attracted by Falmer/Adams/Last years finishing position and happy to commit to the club up front
:clap::clap::clap:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I reckon the H/J block will be full with wannabe teenagers now, thinking that's where the "real, hardcore" fans sit :rolleyes:. Thankfully I'll be away from those losers with my seat in E block :)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Sorry, I should clarify - the club will lose out financially if we're playing well, at the top of the league, and are capable of selling out the ground or at least getting 7000+ gates at last years prices.

Not true.

Thanks to the cheap U21 season tickets, I will be spending £140 on a season ticket upfront, instead of maybe 3/4 games at £23 a pop without a season ticket.

Therefore off me alone, they will be making £50+ more than they would have if they didnt do U21 prices.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Not true.

Thanks to the cheap U21 season tickets, I will be spending £140 on a season ticket upfront, instead of maybe 3/4 games at £23 a pop without a season ticket.

Therefore off me alone, they will be making £50+ more than they would have if they didnt do U21 prices.

And they will be making £50+ less off me...

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Unfortunately, I doubt there will be many more adult season tickets sold, thanks to the shocking policy of keeping those prices the same. :nono:

I'm not shocked. I've seen the figures and realise how much they need to charge. I support the effort to encourage the yoof. Frankly, if you are over 21 and can't be arsed to do a bit of (extra) graft (say 10 nights working in a bar)to earn the price of a season ticket then you are not much of a supporter.

Which means the club will lose out if we're at the top of the league and capable of selling the ground out.

if being the key word there

Our average gate during the last promotion season (2003/4) was 6618, capacity at Withdean is approx 8800. Talk of selling out or average gates of 7000+ seems wildly unrealistic, particularly without the current economic downturn. 6500 maybe, provided the team continues to progress.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Our average gate during the last promotion season (2003/4) was 6618, capacity at Withdean is approx 8800. Talk of selling out or average gates of 7000+ seems wildly unrealistic, particularly without the current economic downturn. 6500 maybe, provided the team continues to progress.

Even then, the concept of 'selling-out' a match is thwarted by the fact that not many teams bring a full compliment of visiting supporters.

Leeds, Millwall and now possibly Leicester are the best hopes of the away contingent being the full 900. Therefore, even if we sell out our home bit, the away numbers - average, say 200 - would only ever mean a crowd maximum crowd of 8,000.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here