Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket prices next season?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think most will agree with those sentiments, however, I really don't expect them to go down in price

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Of course they won't.

Knight at al will probably wait until we get to Wembley, cash in on the feel good atmosphere it brings, and announce the club is FREEZING prices and maybe giving us back the first cup game free.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I think most will agree with those sentiments, however, I really don't expect them to go down in price
Well I wouldn't expect nowhere near as many to be sold then... Those who have been mugged off this season need some sort of embarrassment compensation package next season.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Surely a reduction is the only way the club are going to shift any season tickets next year. This seasons football has been for the most part utterly dire, the gameday 'experience' is woeful, in excess of £400 is way over the odds for what you get in return. Up until now I have been happy to pay over the odds as I am fully aware of the financial situation the club faces, but it is such an utterly joyless experience at the moment I wonder how long I can commit a large sum of money to the Albion when it is easy to pick and choose games. Long term season ticket holders have been pretty understanding to the club in recent years and it is time for a bit of payback in hard times.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I personally think that prices will be frozen, but we will be offered some sort of incentive perhaps 3 crap DVD's instead of 2, perhaps a free ticket to the first round of the JPT, perhaps a voucher for 10% discount in the ye olde clubbe shoppe.

I have three unused tickets from this year and gratefully got rid of two for £15 each, therefore I am not that far short of paying full price for the games I go to ( I dont use the transport voucher) therefore I cannot see any benefit in getting a ST.

If they reduced the price to say £250, I would renew, otherwise I see no point for 4th division football

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Do you not get that with your season ticket already? Think you do.

I have no idea.....I cant remember the last time I bought anything in the shop

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
If the club reduces the price, say by the suggested £100 and sells less or the same amount of season tickets, what is it about 3,500. Where do we make up the mising money in these credit crunch times.

More Advertising, higher coperate packages, sell players, play more young players, sell the soul of the club to an overseas tycoon, make club staff redundant, stop work on Falmer or ground share with Pompey.

Not sure it is as easy as just saying, loyal fans you are great have a big discount, the club needs our cash and I for one am wondering where my season ticket money is coming from, national lottery win perhaps!

How about really reduced two three year packages that can be paid over 18 months and include cup tickets and free tickets for friends and family.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Prices will either be frozen or a moderate increase, we bought a fair few players in January and if people want to see the same happen in the Summer to improve the squad I'm afraid they're going to have to pay for it.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I think if it goes under £400 it goes under a mental barrier in which people think is expensive.

Even if the price didnt come down, I reckon they would sell more season tickets by giving the option of a monthly direct debit over 6 months say.

There should be some incentive for paying the whole price as a one off (maybe a free home shirt, or a voucher that lets you bring a friend for half price for every home game)

I reckon if there was a season ticket for just AWAY games, we would sell more than the home games season ticket

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If the club reduces the price, say by the suggested £100 and sells less or the same amount of season tickets, what is it about 3,500. Where do we make up the mising money in these credit crunch times.

More Advertising, higher coperate packages, sell players, play more young players, sell the soul of the club to an overseas tycoon, make club staff redundant, stop work on Falmer or ground share with Pompey.

Not sure it is as easy as just saying, loyal fans you are great have a big discount, the club needs our cash and I for one am wondering where my season ticket money is coming from, national lottery win perhaps!

How about really reduced two three year packages that can be paid over 18 months and include cup tickets and free tickets for friends and family.

I appreciate all of that, but I have had a ST since we returned to Withers and I had one at the Goldstone for many years.

I know its very selfish view, BUt it is not my fault that Mike bamber spend too much and took the club into debt, Bedson and Co drove the club into the ground...its not my fault that archer and Stanley so mismanaged that we almost went to the wall, and its not my fault that we are playing in a shite stadium playing shite football and being charged through the nose for it.

It almost seems that if you decide not to go, or buy a ST you are somehow disloyal and helping to take the club down. I am sorry after 34 years of watching this club, my conscience is perfectly clear if I chose not to go or not renew. Yes we have had the good times, few and far between I grant you, BUT owners and investors in clubs are to a certain degree doing it to massage their ego's and that is perfectly fair, they have the money to do so, however in the real world Joe Public want to be entertained and to see some sort of improvement. The last few years, we have not seen this.....Yes its all LDC and Falmer DC's fault etc etc....but we are seeing 20 odd years of peopel mismanaging this club.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Well they are going to have to do something, as it is unlikely that they will retain the current STH base with things as they are and the revenue will still be lost. If the prices are reduced I can guarantee that I will be back next season, prices as they are, hmm well may have to think about it. BHA is not a charity, it is a football club and I do not think it is fair to be emotionally blackmailed every close season in to accepting an above market rate price for a substandard product, especially when many people are just grateful to be hanging on their jobs at the moment.

The credit crunch and recession have changed the dynamic of the season ticket situation as people are going to be more price sensitive than ever before, and the club would be extremely naive if they thought otherwise, they have to take this in to account when doing the budget for next year. I know they already work in a difficult situation, but sadly so do many of the people who support them

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Of course they won't.

Knight at al will probably wait until we get to Wembley, cash in on the feel good atmosphere it brings, and announce the club is FREEZING prices and maybe giving us back the first cup game free.

..and get gates of around 2500?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think if it goes under £400 it goes under a mental barrier in which people think is expensive.

Even if the price didnt come down, I reckon they would sell more season tickets by giving the option of a monthly direct debit over 6 months say.

There should be some incentive for paying the whole price as a one off (maybe a free home shirt, or a voucher that lets you bring a friend for half price for every home game)

I reckon if there was a season ticket for just AWAY games, we would sell more than the home games season ticket

There already is. You pay about £25 less. Can't remember the exact figure.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The only good thing about our shocking current form is that every defeat further delays the sending out of the season ticket renewal forms.

Crap though the Albion's marketing department is (oh look! It's headed up by an ex-player!) even they're not stupid enough to ask people for £400+ in the middle of a string of dismal defeats.

No, come our next win, I fully expect a stuffed envelope to drop through my door, containing a letter personally signed by Dick Knight, breathlessly announcing the excitement to come next season. Joy oh bloody joy.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How much were season tickets this season? £400 for adults and £20 for kids (in the family stand) or something? ???

So for a family of four, you were paying, what, £840? NOT good value for money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here