Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Prices for next yr?

Lush

Mods' Pet
We all know that we are strapped for cash and I can't believe that season ticket prices won't go up again, even by a nominal amount.

As we will not be going up automatically this season, then our only chance of promotion is the play-offs and we won't know that until end of May. But season ticket renewals will go out well before this so there CAN'T be an increase based on Div 1 costs, even if we end up having them.

I think it's more likely that WE WILL GET FALMER and there will be some kind of Falmer based incentive used to increase prices. EG Withdean season ticket holders get their choice of seat or membership of some lounge or other.

What do you reckon?

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
10% off a palace season ticket till the 31st jan and the chance to win a 50 year season ticket,yes thats right you can watch the palace for 50 years for nelt:eek:

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
brighton rock said:
10% off a palace season ticket till the 31st jan and the chance to win a 50 year season ticket,yes thats right you can watch the palace for 50 years for nelt:eek:

OK so that's the booby prize but what do you get if you win?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lush said:

As we will not be going up automatically this season, then our only chance of promotion is the play-offs and we won't know that until end of May.

Suspect we'll know that LONG before the end of May :nono:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I'm sure i read somewhere that the new seats will be put added in august so the attendence will be up to 9,000. If we can't sell out at the moment we have no hope next season of filling 9,000 so the ticket prices will have to stay the same

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I don't know if I am going to renew.

My mum said she'd pay for this and next years tickets but has now changed her mind.

I don't really enjoy home games anymore, and I would rather spend my money on away games-and going to Australia will cost me a fortune. I could go for a few drinks in the Sportsman and then watch from the hill with Speedo.

Even if I don't get one I'll still end up buying tickets for every game. :jester:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
fatboy said:
Even if I don't get one I'll still end up buying tickets for every game. :jester:

That's what i thought last season about renewing, i've been getting every home game ticket so far this season but its cost me more, would recomend just getting a season ticket

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I don't think i'll renew, especially if they go up, i personally think that will be a complete pisstake.

I shall however go to most games and just buy a ticket before hand, i shant have a problem getting one judging by the fact there are empty seats every match.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
brighton rock said:
10% off a palace season ticket till the 31st jan and the chance to win a 50 year season ticket,yes thats wright you can watch the palace for 50 years for nelt:eek:

Second prize is a ticket for 75 years and all the Palarse shirts you can wear.

And it's 'right' and 'nowt' you plank!:rolleyes:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Will the winner be forced to watch Palace for 50 years "or else"?

Mein Godt, such a punishment.

50 years inside prison sounds so much more enticing :lolol:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I can't see how they can increase prices. I think there could be many people not re-newing. I have two season tickets, and don't go to every game. It has been much harder to sell tickets on this season, and if there are 2,000 more seats it will get harder.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Lush said:
We all know that we are strapped for cash and I can't believe that season ticket prices won't go up again, even by a nominal amount.

As we will not be going up automatically this season, then our only chance of promotion is the play-offs and we won't know that until end of May. But season ticket renewals will go out well before this so there CAN'T be an increase based on Div 1 costs, even if we end up having them.

I think it's more likely that WE WILL GET FALMER and there will be some kind of Falmer based incentive used to increase prices. EG Withdean season ticket holders get their choice of seat or membership of some lounge or other.

What do you reckon?

I wouldn't have thought there was any need to put them up. Most of the huge costs of getting Falmer will be over ( the stadium build costs won't be directly paid for by the club ), there'll be an extra 2000 seats so the fixed costs will be shared over more tickets and finally the rip-off merchants Ecovert will be out and so the cost per match to the club will be lower. Overall a freeze on prices seems reasonable.

That said I'd rather pay more than see the club go into administration or anything like that.

Last edited:

It's a tough one for the club, but I think a big hike in the ticket price will result in fewer renewals pure and simple. With the extra seats I doubt whether people will feel the necessity of getting a season ticket as there should be plenty of tickets available, and the club are looking at ways of making these easier to get hold of aswell, according to MP.

Personally I'm hoping for a price freeze, I think that would be a fair reward for fans who have made a serious contribution over the last couple of years.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i will - as i've have (nearly) got enough money saved to pay for it

but the board are really starting to price themselves out of it .:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here