Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Photos

andyconor

Nov 20, 2011
It was mentioned in the initial sales presentation for the second season. The idea where you would not be allowed in to the concourse unless the photo matches with you.

Does anyone have any ideas if this is still going ahead this season?

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
I doubt it. If they introduced a photo card one for next season, it would cause loads of queues.
On the original presentation last year, the bloke heading it in my session claimed that in Denmark, they use thumb print as ID to get into the ground. That would be interesting.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Several people I know share STs, as they can't commit both time wise and financially, to every game. How would that work?

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
That would spell the end of the market for informal selling, or swapping/giving to mates.

Reducing attendances (unless we fib like Arsenal, and always have an attendence of full capacity).

Can't see it happening.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I was told that the ST cards from last season are going to be used again for this season instead of issuing a new card so i very much doubt it.

Also I just can't see them going through the hassle of trying to get all the existing card holders (including those that travel a long way) to make a special trip out to the club shop / ground to have their photo taken in plenty of time for the club to be able to issue a new photo id ST

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
would be to costly and time consuming and as above fewer attendances where S.T holders cant make certain games.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The more I think about it, the more it seems like the OP might have misheard, or perhaps misunderstood, or perhaps the person he was speaking to was being mischievous. Then again, the whole thread could just be a wind up.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I was told that the ST cards from last season are going to be used again for this season instead of issuing a new card so i very much doubt it.

Also I just can't see them going through the hassle of trying to get all the existing card holders (including those that travel a long way) to make a special trip out to the club shop / ground to have their photo taken in plenty of time for the club to be able to issue a new photo id ST

It's not a question of whether Brighton decide to go through with it this season, it's whether or not it will become the general norm for football clubs. You have to suspect that this might happen one day reasonably soon, since it matches the interests of football bodies to make more money (since people would have to buy their own STs or match tickets) and the know exactly who is in the stadium and where (something they try to do with the registration of every ticket to a name). There's going to be a lot of fuss if it does happen, but it can't be far off, and I doubt the authorities will care.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
It's not a question of whether Brighton decide to go through with it this season, it's whether or not it will become the general norm for football clubs. You have to suspect that this might happen one day reasonably soon, since it matches the interests of football bodies to make more money (since people would have to buy their own STs or match tickets) and the know exactly who is in the stadium and where (something they try to do with the registration of every ticket to a name). There's going to be a lot of fuss if it does happen, but it can't be far off, and I doubt the authorities will care.

I fear you're right but I hope you're wrong! The authorities will care if attendances slump massively because people can't share season tickets. Personally I can't make every game but I know my ticket will always be used by someone. If I thought I'd miss a load of games and wasn't able to give the ticket to someone else I'd probably not spend the money on a ST.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Do you remember the mid 80s when the government wanted to introduce Football ID Cards, it was massivley unpopular, and was eventually slung out as an idea. It's a non-starter IMO, unless it is a universal thing, then I think it is massivley unlikely that it will ever happen.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Several people I know share STs, as they can't commit both time wise and financially, to every game. How would that work?

tumblr_lmueb8WdhA1qjatdb.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

That's interesting because it was posted on here a while ago that new ST's would be issued to everybody, I remember this because I suggested what a waste of money that would be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here