Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket payments

johnwells

Jan 6, 2005
I will be renewing (of course) but I am sure it would help others if the club would do payment by Direct Debit or standing order for those who cant afford to pay in one go.

They dont, claiming it is administravly to difficult to trace "cancelled payments" , but funny the Cricket Club manage to do DD's,wonder how they get on with non -payers .

Tried raising this through the Supporters club a few years back with no joy

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
johnwells said:
I will be renewing (of course) but I am sure it would help others if the club would do payment by Direct Debit or standing order for those who cant afford to pay in one go.

They dont, claiming it is administravly to difficult to trace "cancelled payments" , but funny the Cricket Club manage to do DD's,wonder how they get on with non -payers .

Tried raising this through the Supporters club a few years back with no joy

I do agree, and at the end of the day the club would make more money out of interest charges. I would be quite happy to have a rolling 12 month direct debit. plus any away tickets, cup games etc could be added to it.

Actually, thinking about it you could select all the away games you intended to go to thoughout the season & add the cost of those at the start..........

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
tinx said:
435 to 465 (which is what it is in south centre) is £30 so not really that much.

Wrong. If you cannot afford to pay in one go before March 15th, and have to wait until May to come up with the first installment, you're penalised by paying £537.

That's just f***ing wrong! A £102 hike for people who are the most hard up.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
johnwells said:

Maybe Sussex CCC dont rely on the season ticket cash to keep it afloat during the closed season when no income comes in. If the D/D option or monthly payment option was available I would guess the majority of people would take this up, but could force the club under.

Insurance companies let you pay be D/D monthly but wack on a big fee on top, they club has been getting enough flack due to increases without that as well

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
eastlondonseagull said:
Wrong. If you cannot afford to pay in one go before March 15th, and have to wait until May to come up with the first installment, you're penalised by paying £537.

That's just f***ing wrong! A £102 hike for people who are the most hard up.

If you send in three pre dated cheques before 15th MArch each for £155 pounds one for each of the next three months then it costs £465 so its cost £30. Comparing renewing before 15th MArch and three installments from may is not a good comparison.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
tinx said:
If you send in three pre dated cheques before 15th MArch each for £155 pounds one for each of the next three months then it costs £465 so its cost £30. Comparing renewing before 15th MArch and three installments from may is not a good comparison.

But what if you can't come up with an installment's worth of cash before May? It's not a bad comparison at all. If you're really hard up, you could be out of pocket by another tonne.

Last edited:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
eastlondonseagull said:
But what if you can't come up with an installment's worth of cash before May? It's not a bad comparison at all. If you're really hard up, you could be out of pocket by another tonne.

You've had 12 months notice of this money being wanted! Is that not enough notice? :angry:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Credit card and then pay back the credit card company over 3 months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here