Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket holders: how many matches do you think you will attend this season?

Season ticket holders: how many matches do you think you will attend this season?

• 1-3

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 4-6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7-9

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • 10-12

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 13-15

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • 16-18

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • 19-21

Votes: 38 26.8%
  • 22-23

Votes: 71 50.0%

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
An interesting poll.

With 48 votes so far, it suggests a turnout for an average game of about 88 per cent of season ticket holders. Which means that, for most matches, there might be about 1,500 - 2,000 seats unoccupied by season ticket holders.

A good case for ensuring a system to allow these seats to be snapped up by casual supporters.
It is indeed interesting. Actually I'm guessing that 88% figure can be revised downwards when you consider that NSC is, by definition, a fan site - meaning that you won't be getting many casual or JCL type season ticket holders on here, who might go less often.

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
I'm in exactly the same position, which means I'll be missing the Peterborough game. I should be at all the others though.

You're lucky, my mate's getting married on August 6th. I'm an usher...asked if I could do my duites (Bride or Groom) and go and come back for the dinner and he just glared at me! He's now asked someone else in our group of season tickets (family stand) and there now maybe a spare 4 seats in an otherwise full stadium. To top it all off I'm on holiday for the West Ham game......

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
An interesting poll.

With 48 votes so far, it suggests a turnout for an average game of about 88 per cent of season ticket holders. Which means that, for most matches, there might be about 1,500 - 2,000 seats unoccupied by season ticket holders.

A good case for ensuring a system to allow these seats to be snapped up by casual supporters.

Your figures are still about correct after 65 votes, but I can't help but think that 1 vote for 1 - 3, has really distorted the overall result, given the sample ( at latest count ) is only 65/18500 = 0.35% of the total ST population.

I've forgotten most of my A level stats though, so the sample may be valid, anyone know more?

Last edited:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
This poll will be even more interesting after the first two home games at the Amex once everyone has experienced how effective/crap the transport systems are.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Thanks to a very nice fixture computer giving us 2 consecutive away Saturdays while I'm in Turkey, all of them

:falmer:

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
Was that the turn off for Coldean Lane?

Was this bit, as we came down the hill we saw a sea of brake lights....doesn't help that it's where people also get on the A27 too.

Attachments

• a27.gif
    a27.gif
    84.8 KB · Views: 135

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Was this bit, as we came down the hill we saw a sea of brake lights....doesn't help that it's where people also get on the A27 too.

We parked at Sussex University on Mon night for the WSU familiarisation event and drove straight there with no delays at all. The reality on an actual match day will be a lot different, we intend using the Mill Road Park and Ride, but judging by the last 3 games at Withdean (where we only just managed to get in to Mill Road) God only knows what time we'll have to leave home to be sure of getting a parking space. Should be interesting!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
An interesting poll.

I work in America one week in every 4, and I plan to let my mates who can't afford a season ticket use my seat when I'm abroad

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
We parked at Sussex University on Mon night for the WSU familiarisation event and drove straight there with no delays at all. The reality on an actual match day will be a lot different, we intend using the Mill Road Park and Ride, but judging by the last 3 games at Withdean (where we only just managed to get in to Mill Road) God only knows what time we'll have to leave home to be sure of getting a parking space. Should be interesting!

We were in the "jam" at about 18:25, and given this is around the time people driving to the match, and also when the buses will be inching their way up the slip road it may cause a bit of delay....hope it doesn't though.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Can always hope for 100% but realistically expect 3-4 games where other commitments will have to take priority. I already have a small queue of people I know happy to take my ticket when I can't go.

That said, we surely need a decent ticket transfer system to ensure as many as possible get to support the lads, and there is little excuse for 'casual'/long distance ST holders not to bother getting their seat filled when they're not there.

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
Will miss a few mid week matches as have to work, but my brother will be using my card for those games.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'm a contract worker, abroad for 3 months at a time. I decided to get a ST so that when I'm home I can sit with the people I go to the game with. When I'm away there are people who will make use of it. This season the amount of games I'll miss is huge, so it's almost like a monthly donation to the club for me.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ill probably miss about six or seven

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here