Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket holders buying additional tickets for cup matches

Dec 18, 2003
Haywards Heath
Apologies, if this has been mentioned before, but what's the deal with season ticket holders buying additional tickets for cup matches? i.e. in addition to their season tickets? Can this be done? Or do additional tickets have to be family & friends registered and loyalty points / previouss pruchase history still apply?

I've looked on the club website, but to my simple mind it doesn't appear overly clear ...

Thanks in advance.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
No, sths weren't eligible to buy additional tickets for anyone not already eligible (based on loyalty points) at the time of sale.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
No. Your Arsenal friends will have to go without!

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
There wouldn't be enough tickets to go around even if season ticket holders were allowed to purchase on extra ticket. All tickets for cup matches should be reserved for those that actually turn up to Albion games as opposed to those that want to see a 'top' team play.

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
There wouldn't be enough tickets to go around even if season ticket holders were allowed to purchase on extra ticket. All tickets for cup matches should be reserved for those that actually turn up to Albion games as opposed to those that want to see a 'top' team play.

This.

Since last night i think i have been asked about 10 times for tickets, to which my reply has been no i can't, i can only get my own season ticket and where have you been the last 20 years

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think the system is spot on at the moment, the loyalty points system does work because it means that fans who do attend games get first refusal before the day trippers get involved. There is a need for the day trippers too, we shouldn't forget that and their £30 is as good as the people who go more often. But the scheme is well set up at the moment in my opinion. But then I would say that, I'm able to commit to a season ticket.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think the system is spot on at the moment, the loyalty points system does work because it means that fans who do attend games get first refusal before the day trippers get involved. There is a need for the day trippers too, we shouldn't forget that and their £30 is as good as the people who go more often. But the scheme is well set up at the moment in my opinion. But then I would say that, I'm able to commit to a season ticket.

It also means day trippers need to put some money into the club before a prime match to gain a purchase history if nothing else by attending an "unattractive match" such as Barnsley or Burnley.

Never know they might actually enjoy it

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It also means day trippers need to put some money into the club before a prime match to gain a purchase history if nothing else by attending an "unattractive match" such as Barnsley or Burnley.

Yeah, exactly. My Arsenal supporting mate will be attending the Cup game, but I told him (possibly a bit unfairly) he would need to have seen atleast two Amex games this season to have much of a chance on the off chance we get to play someone like Arsenal, so he's seen Cardiff and Derby (as well as Leeds through tickets bought on here!). He doesn't quite get the appeal of supporting a club like Brighton, but he's never been particularly passionate. It's all money into the club though, he's loaded up on pies so he's done his bit and went to a couple last season too. I think the whole system is commercially very clever.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Or even an "unattractive match against a Prem side" such as Newcastle.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

Absolutely agree. On all three points you make!. I may not be in a position to commit to a season ticket next year so may feel less enamoured if so, but I think the system is fair at present.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I agree, and the current set-up will work very well until the day arrives when demand for season tickets exceeds the number of seats made available for season tickets. I'm not sure that'll actually ever happen, but I guess it is possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here