Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket communication

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
So you've checked for yourself, queried it with the club and got an answer. What's the problem with that? You don't need an e-mail confirming, they've already told you that if you don't cancel then your ticket will be renewed.

I haven't even bothered looking, if my smartcard doesn't let me through the turnstyle at the cardiff game then I'll just queue up at the ticket office and get it activated. If people are genuinely worried by things like this I would suggest that they really need to get out more, there's far more important things in life to worry and moan about

That was my view at first then it occurred to me - if my Smart Card hasn't been renewed then there could be a chance that my seats were resold to someone else, so getting it reactivated is no longer the solution ! As BBassic has echoed above a simple email would have sufficed.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
i never got confirmation of my seat move, I had to call them up, before i knew.

I emailed them a few weeks ago with regards to my new smartcard, and was told that it would be out this week.

This !... I never got confirmation, I have rung twice over the last month or so and both times I have been told I am in my new seat in East Upper.
However until I get my new season ticket card in my hand I will continue to panic.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I hope the club review their approach and learn some lessons from the season ticket purchases this summer. You only have to see from the number of threads on here that so many new season ticket holders are starting to worry about when they can expect to receive their tickets with the start of the season almost here.

But I think more thought should also be given to those of us who have renewed. I know we are not getting new Smart Cards and apart from getting an email confirming my purchase I find it disappointing not have got an email or a letter from the club CONFIRMING that my ticket has been renewed. Also, in seasons past the club used to thank us for renewing - does the thank you not count for much any more because they now have the demand for season ticket holders ?

The club are learning valuable lessons all the time as we continue to grow so while this is a small thing I bet they have been inundated with queries from people which all adds cost to the club to deal with these.

Just my opinion

Some people are getting a bit carried with an opinion - I acknowledged that this is a small thing but the club could learn from it to save themselves work in the future if a simple email was sent !

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
That was my view at first then it occurred to me - if my Smart Card hasn't been renewed then there could be a chance that my seats were resold to someone else, so getting it reactivated is no longer the solution ! As BBassic has echoed above a simple email would have sufficed.

Horses for courses I guess. I disagree and don't think they need to send a confirmation, which is also probably why I haven't bothered checking and am happy to assume everyone has done their job properly. You think they should and checked for yourself, confirming you have your seat. To me the process is working as we are all happy.

If they cock up and re-sell my seat that is a different matter entirely.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
I would suggest that if £40 roughly a month or a rounded rough figure of £450 has come out of your account and says BHAFC next to it then you still have your seat and have paid for it! If not worry like you have never worried before?

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Why can't you just log onto the online ticket website to confirm you have renewed rather than expecting the club to spend £4,000 sending out thank you letters ??? :facepalm:

I think it's called customer service [MENTION=1958]Gazwag[/MENTION].

New customers just like to know that their money has been received by the club, and that their season ticket is theirs, and nobody else will be sitting in it come the Cardiff game. If there is a problem, I think most new fans would like to have it sorted in plenty of time before the first game is imminent :):albion2:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Mine and my sons havent arrived yet. Am i bothered ? No !! Infact i wouldnt even be bothered if it doesnt arrive before the Cardiff game, because if this is the case they the club are hardly going to stop me going just because my smart card hasnt arrived !!

Relax !!

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne

New customers just like to know that their money has been received by the club, and that their season ticket is theirs, and nobody else will be sitting in it come the Cardiff game. If there is a problem, I think most new fans would like to have it sorted in plenty of time before the first game is imminent :):albion2:

I am not being funny but would they have not had to make a phone call to the club to buy the ticket and confirm seat with someone on the end of the phone or if purchased online there would have seen a confirmation page! Then afterwards made sure that a direct debit or full payment had come out via the bank!

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
And I've expressed my point of view that he's worrying about nothing, if you don't like it then don't read my post.

Please go away and think about what you've just written then come back when you think your IQ might be higher than that of a vegetable, at the moment it clearly isn't!

Hence the fact you have over 10000 posts , billy no mates , keyboard saddo more like ....nice place haywards heath full of people like yourself ....

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Some people are getting a bit carried with an opinion - I acknowledged that this is a small thing but the club could learn from it to save themselves work in the future if a simple email was sent !

I have to agree with you.mistakes are made everyday and its better to be proactive then reactive. Its all very well waiting until you turn up and find your seat being used by someone else. Oh yes it might well get sorted, however it might not be to the seat you want. Computers are not perfect and an e-mail to say you have renewed would not have gone a miss

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I have to agree with you.mistakes are made everyday and its better to be proactive then reactive. Its all very well waiting until you turn up and find your seat being used by someone else. Oh yes it might well get sorted, however it might not be to the seat you want. Computers are not perfect and an e-mail to say you have renewed would not have gone a miss

I agree. I get plenty of Albion email shots offering me dinner deals, advising of forthcoming games and even today asking me to join a fantasy football league. One email to everyone simply saying ' for new season ticket holders or those transferring seats, smart cards will be sent out by........... please allow until ........ for it to arrive. If it hasn't arrived by ........call........' is all we need.
These box office mailshot deals don't charge much.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Is this national retard day or something?

Hence the fact you have over 10000 posts , billy no mates , keyboard saddo more like ....nice place haywards heath full of people like yourself ....

You're calling me a keyboard saddo - from behind your keyboard :facepalm:

Well said, this is a forum, for people to air their views, It is funny that some should moan about someone moaning.

And you're moaning about people moaning about people moaning :facepalm:

In fact the poor english, misuse of commas and posting styles of both these "people" are strikingly similar....................

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I can see what you are saying but new customers would have received a receipt from the club when they purchased their seat which would show their seat number. Do they really need anthing more.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Are you a new supporter? Ticketing f*** ups and misinformation are part of our rich heritage and are part of what make the Albion special. If you want a sanitized Albion where there is no worry attached to purchasing tickets and things run smoothly you have latched onto the wrong club. It's what we do, and we do it well.

Indeed, makes me laugh this stuff & brings back memories of when things were a bit tight & Sir Dick asked for People to pay for 3 years up front, which I did for £1500. Guess what the next communication from the club was?
Well done if you guessed a £500 renewal letter the NEXT season

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
But it wouldn't harm to send out an email, especially given that half the time the website has odd 'test' data on it so isn't exactly reliable.

I happened to ring up the club this morning, so I also asked them when we would get our STs (Saturday) and what's the deal with the new parking spaces (£11 per match on a PAYG basis) and how early can I use my travel voucher (3hrs before kick-off).

Maybe they don't announce things because everything is in flux?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

You've just had a pop at the club on Twitter for not giving kids freebies out this yr?! I think you need to lower your expectations and remember there's a lot more STH etc and GGang members these days...!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Are you a new supporter? Ticketing f*** ups and misinformation are part of our rich heritage and are part of what make the Albion special. If you want a sanitized Albion where there is no worry attached to purchasing tickets and things run smoothly you have latched onto the wrong club. It's what we do, and we do it well.

:thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To be fair the info in your purchase history on the online ticketing, is a waste of time - always full of spurious test nonsense. Mine certainly doesn't show the season ticket renewal.

Easiest thing is to check that your DD are going out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here