Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket communication

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I hope the club review their approach and learn some lessons from the season ticket purchases this summer. You only have to see from the number of threads on here that so many new season ticket holders are starting to worry about when they can expect to receive their tickets with the start of the season almost here.

But I think more thought should also be given to those of us who have renewed. I know we are not getting new Smart Cards and apart from getting an email confirming my purchase I find it disappointing not have got an email or a letter from the club CONFIRMING that my ticket has been renewed. Also, in seasons past the club used to thank us for renewing - does the thank you not count for much any more because they now have the demand for season ticket holders ?

The club are learning valuable lessons all the time as we continue to grow so while this is a small thing I bet they have been inundated with queries from people which all adds cost to the club to deal with these.

Just my opinion.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
No complaints here - I got an email from the club explaining that as I've moved seats I'm getting a new ticket and telling me roughly when I can expect this to be sent out.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
i never got confirmation of my seat move, I had to call them up, before i knew.

I emailed them a few weeks ago with regards to my new smartcard, and was told that it would be out this week.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I hope the club review their approach and learn some lessons from the season ticket purchases this summer. You only have to see from the number of threads on here that so many new season ticket holders are starting to worry about when they can expect to receive their tickets with the start of the season almost here.

But I think more thought should also be given to those of us who have renewed. I know we are not getting new Smart Cards and apart from getting an email confirming my purchase I find it disappointing not have got an email or a letter from the club CONFIRMING that my ticket has been renewed. Also, in seasons past the club used to thank us for renewing - does the thank you not count for much any more because they now have the demand for season ticket holders ?

Why can't you just log onto the online ticket website to confirm you have renewed rather than expecting the club to spend £4,000 sending out thank you letters ??? :facepalm:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Do people really worry about this sort of thing? PErsonally i'd chase the club up if the tickets hadn't arrived a few days before Cardiff. If not i'd be 100% fine and know i'd get into the ground for the game as i've purchased the ticket - the club will easily sort a duplicate. Chill!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The club are learning valuable lessons all the time as we continue to grow so while this is a small thing I bet they have been inundated with queries from people which all adds cost to the club to deal with these.

Just my opinion.

Are you a new supporter? Ticketing f*** ups and misinformation are part of our rich heritage and are part of what make the Albion special. If you want a sanitized Albion where there is no worry attached to purchasing tickets and things run smoothly you have latched onto the wrong club. It's what we do, and we do it well.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Probably nearer to double that given the price of stamps, envelopes and letter headed paper.

Actually you are right, for some completely unknown reason I was thinking 20p for a second class stamp, of course that's 50p now, cost will of course be nearer £10,000

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Do people really worry about this sort of thing? PErsonally i'd chase the club up if the tickets hadn't arrived a few days before Cardiff. If not i'd be 100% fine and know i'd get into the ground for the game as i've purchased the ticket - the club will easily sort a duplicate. Chill!

This.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Why can't you just log onto the online ticket website to confirm you have renewed rather than expecting the club to spend £4,000 sending out thank you letters ??? :facepalm:

I did log onto the ticket website and there was no record of the renewal on my purchase history - that's what triggered my concern, which led me to emailing the club and they have now confirmed my renewal. I didn't want to turn up on the night of the Cardiff match to find that something had gone wrong and my renewal wasn't completed for some reason. I know that I'm not the only person who hasn't been able to see their renewal online. You refer to the cost of sending out letters - a simple email to customers would suffice where the only cost is the time to send one. I'm sure the club must be spending a larger sum of money having to handle queries. As I say, just my opinion based on my own experience and seems to be a similar experience for others too.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Are you a new supporter? Ticketing f*** ups and misinformation are part of our rich heritage and are part of what make the Albion special. If you want a sanitized Albion where there is no worry attached to purchasing tickets and things run smoothly you have latched onto the wrong club. It's what we do, and we do it well.

That's a bit harsh. I've never had a ticket problem in nearly 50 years. I know that, occasionally, problems will occur but you make it sound like it happens all the time!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

:lol:

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
"Also, in seasons past the club used to thank us for renewing"

There's your clue - I'm not a new supporter - my season ticket history dates back to the Goldstone ! and accepting process failings can affect the profit in any business ! :wink:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I did log onto the ticket website and there was no record of the renewal on my purchase history - that's what triggered my concern, which led me to emailing the club and they have now confirmed my renewal. I didn't want to turn up on the night of the Cardiff match to find that something had gone wrong and my renewal wasn't completed for some reason. I know that I'm not the only person who hasn't been able to see their renewal online. You refer to the cost of sending out letters - a simple email to customers would suffice where the only cost is the time to send one. I'm sure the club must be spending a larger sum of money having to handle queries. As I say, just my opinion based on my own experience and seems to be a similar experience for others too.

So you've checked for yourself, queried it with the club and got an answer. What's the problem with that? You don't need an e-mail confirming, they've already told you that if you don't cancel then your ticket will be renewed.

I haven't even bothered looking, if my smartcard doesn't let me through the turnstyle at the cardiff game then I'll just queue up at the ticket office and get it activated. If people are genuinely worried by things like this I would suggest that they really need to get out more, there's far more important things in life to worry and moan about

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
So you've checked for yourself, queried it with the club and got an answer. What's the problem with that? You don't need an e-mail confirming, they've already told you that if you don't cancel then your ticket will be renewed.

I haven't even bothered looking, if my smartcard doesn't let me through the turnstyle at the cardiff game then I'll just queue up at the ticket office and get it activated. If people are genuinely worried by things like this I would suggest that they really need to get out more, there's far more important things in life to worry and moan about

Its a forum it about discussion , he is just having a point of view , if you dont like it dont read the forums .

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Its a forum it about discussion , he is just having a point of view , if you dont like it dont read the forums .

And I've expressed my point of view that he's worrying about nothing, if you don't like it then don't read my post.

Please go away and think about what you've just written then come back when you think your IQ might be higher than that of a vegetable, at the moment it clearly isn't!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here