Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Highs and Lows

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Highs - Oldham to go top , Peterborough away , Bridcutt and many others

lows - not many , penalties, Hudds away, losing Lua Lua , Milton Keynes all of it

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
As above wot he said, Boro away was maybe the best I`ve seen in 42 years and the low was that last minute goal at home to Bmuff, as I haven`t seen a defeat this season.
Seen 6 out of 6 wins away and missed the Orient at home defeat.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
High: Oldham at home and Sandaza's last minute winner. Although not as spectacular as Carlisle it put us top and we have never looked back.
Lows: Hartlepool away was a bad day all round

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
High - Orient at home an example of great football & watching poyets antics in the dugout

Low - People moaning and booing Poyets tactics of keeping the ball until we find an opening & Lua Lua injury

LS6

Nov 9, 2010
Highs - Being top was great, staying there ever since is just incredible

Lows - Loosing KLL and dropping silly points (Bournemouth, MK, Rochdale etc)

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
High - being present at Peterborough away. I was astonished at how good we were.

Low - difficult to find any but I'll go for losing at Stoke. I had already started to dare to dream of a Wembley semi-final.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
2 highs - last minute wins against Oldham and Carlisle - with Bridcutt edging it.
low - MK away. My only defeat this season.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Highs: Charlton away, Glenn Murray proving himself as a 20 goal striker, Watching the best football in the lower leagues, Resisting Norwich's bids for Bennett when in previous years he'd be in canary yellow by now
Lows: Both Bournemouth games left a sour taste & MK Dons away, miserable shithole

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Highs:
- BEing in Scotland and not having any signal to wait until the day after the Yeovil (H) match to check scores. Two 3-0 wins I read made me cheer on the ferry :laugh:
- Watching the video of Bridcutt's goal to the commentary from Sussex Radio over and over and over and over and over again :lol:
- Watching us play properly well and get the right result for the first time for me this season - Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday :D
- Basically the entire season
- Hearing Caskey playing very well gainst Stoke

Lows:
- Both Bournemouth games. Living here made the banter unbearable :laugh: Considering we were cheated at home and probably deserved a draw away
- LuaLua injury
- Getting battered by Stoke - genuinely thought we could win it!

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Highs: Sandaza's last gasp winner v Oldham, Charlton away, but for me there is a clear high point, Peterborough away! Everything about that day was superb, and was probably my favourite away day of my life.

Lows: THAT penalty decision v Bournemouth, missing the penalty at Saints

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Had to resally think hard to find a low from this season but the stand-out bad day at the office had to be Northampton in the Carling Cup because we took a big crowd of away supporters to see a reserve side play very badly (especially Whing and Poke) and then Nav got injured.

Highs are just as hard to sort out because there have been so many and bizzarely perhaps I came up with Exeter away because of the way we came back from the dead after bringing on Barnes and going three up front for the first time. I think after that game we were always going to be nigh on impossible to catch.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
So many highs this season it's difficult to pick one, so I'll go for the most recent, which is last saturdays game.

The reason being I just felt it was a complete performance, full of confidence, style and fight. We looked like a team that has done all the hard work and was just saying to the oppositoin we just TOO good for you. After their bright opening Sheff Wed knew it too. I really really enjoyed that game, for it represented the culmination of everything they have learnt and improved on during the season.

The low for me was the first game against FCUM where we seemed to have forgotten everything we have learned this season.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
To be quite honest in reality I would have said pretty much what a lot of the others have said but I will offer alternatives.

High :- Charlton away. Came back after the game and told everyone I knew after that performance (including Sheebo) that we were going to go up and win the league, including a lot of non Brighton fans only to be told that you don't win anything in October and teams like Huddersfield/Saints etc. would catch us up. (I didn't expect the magestic performance at Peterborough however after Charlton it did not surprise me as much)

Low:- Leyton Borient away, sh1t game, even Gus apologised, driving home found out that all our rivals had won that night and that they were right on our tails and in reality we had lost 2 points on all of them. I think Bournemouth might have gotten to less than 3 points behind us that night. Huddersfield maybe 4(ish).......little did I know that magic March was but a month away.:thumbsup:

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Low: Probably the end of the Bournemouth game, not only because of the late penalty decision, but also because of the way that some of our more moronic members of our following frustrated Gus with their lack of support

High: Hasn't happened yet (hopefully) - the SCC squad having to hold a guard of honour a week on Saturday! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here