Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Highs and Lows

For me.............

High - That 95th minute goal against Carlise.

Low - The club's policy regarding the visit of FCUM

FCUM were an 'unknown quantity' for us and the league, and their fans had just shown a lack of discipline in the previous high-profiled fixture that alerted everyone to the possibilities of a problem at our particularly sensitive venue. To fail and have a headline-grabbing invasion, mayhem, running battles or postponed match would have been a smear on our club, a stumble before entering the promised land would have been shameful. The term "better safe than sorry" has rarely been more tangible, and "why is it any of your business" now that it has proved to have been in beautiful hindsight a peaceful joyful occasion too.

A carefully administered event was not effected or curtailed by the "club's treatment", indeed the staff applauded their reaction to the FCUM's handling of the situation, and the outcome was an impressive feeling of respect between both entities in the end.

It was still a memorable game and return match that stands as a highlight for most concerned. FCUM made a point that got more good publicity for their cause and went a long way to reversing the bad publicity garnered from their previous encounter. That's a great result all around, in many people's view!

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Low: Hartlepool away.
High: To many to mention although playing Watford off the park was nice.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
High: Bridcutt's goal v Carlise

Low: MK Dons - poor performance, crap place, no atmosphere

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Highs - Everything on the pitch, AMEX season ticket purchase

Lows - Bournemouth 'penalty', and Kazengas injury

:amex::amex::amex:

Low: Not attending more games and opting to watch the Tranmere home game and not the Carlisle one the week before.

High: Watching (numerous times) Bridcutt's stunning strike in the Carlisle game on Player, the reaction of the Carlisle goalie (stunned into immobility for what seems like ages) and the "...it's the stuff of dreams, it's the stuff of Champions from the commentary - is there a "T" shirt of this yet? Being there must have been amazing.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Highs: Peterborough away. I wasn't at the game as I was away with friends but when I checked the result that's when I knew we would have a good season, didn't expect it to be this good though. I ran around the hotel room like a loon, and the armchair fas was with just didn't understand.

Lows: Northampton away, losing Navarro, losing to a bad league two side.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Highs - going top against Oldham back in September and Bridcutt's fantastic goal against Carlisle in the 94th minute.
Lows - watching Lualua laid out on the pitch with a broken ankle whilst Hartlepool scored their 3rd goal. The ref didn't even stop the game.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
High: Beating Watford
Low: LuaLua's unjury

Lows - Travelling to Charlton at home, first home league game for over a month, November & December had been pretty dire with unconvincing FA cup games, Lua Lua's injury and defeat at Huddersfield. The trains were f****d, crammed onto a tiny platform at Clapham Junction, overly packed train which i pushed on at the last second to possibly catch a connecting train which I thought I'd already missed. Eventually got to Withdean only 10 minutes late (luckily the connecting train was also delayed), only to discover we were 1-0 down, with 10 men.

Highs - The home draw with Charlton. What I saw was a 1-0 win with 10 men, the team were magnificent, felt that perhaps our "bad patch" was ending, that we could really kick on and win the league. (Followed by 5-0 against Orient).

Oh, and Bridcutt against Carlisle. Unbridled joy

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
High - being present at the "Nightmare on London Road" :lol:
Low - Probably either of the late goals conceded against Rochdale or Bournemouth at the start of the season.

Good innit!?!?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
FCUM were an 'unknown quantity' for us and the league, and their fans had just shown a lack of discipline in the previous high-profiled fixture that alerted everyone to the possibilities of a problem at our particularly sensitive venue. To fail and have a headline-grabbing invasion, mayhem, running battles or postponed match would have been a smear on our club, a stumble before entering the promised land would have been shameful. The term "better safe than sorry" has rarely been more tangible, and "why is it any of your business" now that it has proved to have been in beautiful hindsight a peaceful joyful occasion too.

Did anyone except stewards rubbing their hands with glee at a bit of action seriously think that would happen? If so, they haven't been to a football game in the last 15 years.

HIGHS: Carlisle winner, Peterborough away
LOWS: Northampton away in the League Cup. Seems like a different season now. Although Poyet hates the cups it was one of those games where you thought "Oh God I hope the season isn't going to turn out like this!"

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
High; Peterborough away. Astonishing.

Low; Northampton. Match lost. New goalie looked gash. Navarro crocked. Sparrow straight red. Looked like everything was going pear-shaped.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Highs
-Bridcutt's goal against Carlisle
-destroying Peterborough on their own turf
-laughing at Charlton after winning 4-0 there
-the 1-1 draw against the odds at home to Charlton that marked the end of the poor run
-the reaction of the players and staff after grinding out the win at Dagenham (showed how much it meant to them)

Lows:
-away at Hartlepool, losing to a mediocre team of cloggers and hoofers, horrible long away trip, and Lua Lua getting injured
-MK Dons away, flat performance at a soulless, empty arena in a town that doesn't deserve a professional football team.

I can't really include the Bournemouth defeat (away) as we played well enough in the end to get something out of it, or the draw against them at home as I missed that game. Losing to Huddersfield was disappointing but no disgrace, nor was Wednesday...at the time anyway, though it looks poor now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here