Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season defining two games coming up?

How many points from Forest & Millwall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
6 points would be great and surely would see us go into the top 6. I think Millwall will be the tougher game of the 2.

SACK MY COOK

Oct 11, 2012
Bozza, I tend to agree, Teams who do very basic homework on the Albion at home, can do a very simple job of stopping us, like over 50% of teams to visit so far. Both Forest and Millwall are good sides with good managers and I dont think we will win a game, but we wont lose either. 2 points for me.
BUT......
Would love to see 2 wingers in the 2 games, change it, KLL and Buckley with Hoskins and CMS up front, same 4 at the back with Bridcutt and Crofts/Hammond in the middle. Go at them from the off with pace and they will not cope with it. ALAS, we wont and thats why I have gone with 2 points

I thnk 2 points. Hate being pesimistic but The facts are, we struggle to score goals. We dont take our chances. So many teams have scored from nowhere, where they simply took their chance...Charlton's second goal for example. whereas we just play attractive football with no killer punch.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
6 points, 7 if you include goal difference gained!

Nottingham Forest and Millwall are both good sides, but we're at home, we're a DAMN good side and we should be beating them both. If we don't, then we need to be asking what more we need to be doing because the players are in place here, the style of football is geared to winning and we have fantastic home support. For me, anything less will be very disappointing.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
6 points, 7 if you include goal difference gained!

Nottingham Forest and Millwall are both good sides, but we're at home, we're a DAMN good side and we should be beating them both. If we don't, then we need to be asking what more we need to be doing because the players are in place here, the style of football is geared to winning and we have fantastic home support. For me, anything less will be very disappointing.

This.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Would take 4 but hope for 6 should be the attitude I think. 2 points per game will get us into the playoffs, which should be the aim.

We are VERY solid (1 loss in 9), just need that extra spark that could come from Lua Lua having a few games, Vicente coming back, Dobbie looking like he can be arsed, etc, etc. Looking forward to the 2nd half of this season.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I'd quibble with 'season-defining' as well.
If we win them both, will we make the play-offs? Too early to say.
If we lose them both, will we be plunged into a relegation battle. Unlikely.
That said, a decent Christmas will certainly keep us in the mix, and it's about time we started turning chances into goals, and decent performances into wins.
Four points, I reckon. Win over Forest, hard-fought draw v the Wall.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We're just not converting enough chances at the moment. The law of averages for us says we'll repeat that in at least one of these games, and end up taking a point where we might have taken three.

1-1 Forest, 1-0 Millwall.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
6 points for me. A lot will depend on injuries and fitness though. We looked shattered at Charlton late on, but still worked harder, determined to take the points we couldn't quite nab. It will take Bridge being fully fit, i think. Without Bruno and a sprint-happy Bridge, our attacking fullback days are over and it adds pressure on the widemen to come back and collect and do that bit more work. It will also depend on us looking to continue to break our routine of mulling the game over for 30 minutes, and instead thunder out of the blocks. I think we'll look to do that, to fizz around the pitch for a spell and take an early lead in both games, suitably scaring the opposition. I would think Crofts will play one of the two and maybe Buckley swapped for KLL on one occasion too. Hoskins at home could be a gamble worth taking.

Forest are lame and deserve a spanking. Millwall were spunked all over by us away and embarrassed by Dicker of all players, so they should still be there for the taking.
Attitude and fitness. If we have both of those on our side, then we'll emerge victorious.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Who? And what an odd thing to say, in any case.

Even more odd when you consider you hadn't even registered until August 2009...

I was reading Nsc long before that date. I'm surprised you can't remember as the thread in question was bounced after the play off final to great merriment.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've pretty well accepted that the best that we can hope for is a playoff place so as long as we keep playing attractive football I'm really not too concerned about results now. I thought we had the chances to bury Charlton but once again we weren't able to take them, whilst conceding a second totally against the run of play. I'd like to see us put to bed the "can't win after going behind" bogie over the next few games but i can't see that the next two games are season defining tbh. I didn't make the Palace game and haven't seen a single game this season where we have looked second best so if we start taking our chances/buy a genuine goalscorer we could go on a sustained run in the new year and the next two results aren't that big a deal. It's a tight division and a few wins on the bouce will put us into the playoffs. I'd also like to see the midfield scoring more often than they do.

Loving this season although the results have been pretty frustrating in quite a few games.

I'll go for 4 points and I'd like to see Kuz pulling off some world class saves again soon, he hasn't impressed anywhere near as much in recent games imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here