Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls world stadium site video.

Womenrulemendrool

Feb 17, 2009
If JS hadn't been doing decent updates every week people would be going mental about those.
They definitely shouldn't be letting some divvy bird take the pictures of a building site, you get the feeling she doesn't know what to take pictures of so ends up with close-ups of rubble and bits of metal :lolol:

Thank you Billy the Fish (with the brain of a fish) and Trickyone. Just to inform you both I am merely the photo taker. I do not have access to to website to update them nor do i decide which photos go on there. I take photos on site every week so if they are not updated every week it is not down to me. By the way I also do not get paid for the photos that are taken. I must say the photos the pair of you have contributed are amazing, well done for all your hard work!!!! Laura Collins

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
thank you billy the fish (with the brain of a fish) and trickyone. Just to inform you both i am merely the photo taker. I do not have access to to website to update them nor do i decide which photos go on there. I take photos on site every week so if they are not updated every week it is not down to me. By the way i also do not get paid for the photos that are taken. I must say the photos the pair of you have contributed are amazing, well done for all your hard work!!!! Laura collins

yikes!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
screenshots of the 'video'

looking damn good :) sort of earthy quality!

Attachments

• perry1.jpg
    perry1.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 130
  • perry2.jpg
    perry2.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 132
  • perry3.jpg
    perry3.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 130

Thank you Billy the Fish (with the brain of a fish) and Trickyone. Just to inform you both I am merely the photo taker. I do not have access to to website to update them nor do i decide which photos go on there. I take photos on site every week so if they are not updated every week it is not down to me. By the way I also do not get paid for the photos that are taken. I must say the photos the pair of you have contributed are amazing, well done for all your hard work!!!! Laura Collins

ooohhh, touchy!!! no need for me to take photos, we've got JS:thumbsup:

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
The reason the goals aren't uploaded sooner is that there is a 24-hour embargo on them being aired on the internet, this is imposed by the Football League and part of their agreement with Sky Sports and ITV (although BBC will replace from next season). The new BBC deal will also allow them to show goals online from next season (but again on a 24 hour embargo. It is also worth nothing on Saturday nights there is likely to be a FL MOTD show, after the Premiership edition, similar to the Championship. Whether they extend this to midweek, when there is a full programme of fixtures I don't know. BBC Online will include goals, plus audio from Radio Sussex, so it should be quite an interesting site for FL club fans. At a recent seminar at FLHQ I suggested that they investigate making the commentary free to air - either sponsored or with the BBC paying for rights, or even a mixture of both - but it seemed to fall on deaf ears. For now World is here to stay, in terms of video content and audio - but personally I don't think it will be long before clubs are offering this content for free. Portsmouth and other PL clubs already do this, while some offer it free to season ticket holders or members. Cardiff are the only FL club to have done this so far.

Also, Seagulls World is just the video content and live match commentary, everything else (seagulls.co.uk) is free to all. So you don't pay for the content there, such as Falmer pictures. From May onwards there will be a live feed from the site (free to all) updated every 15 minutes, with an archive. In time this will also include a time-lapse facility so fans can watch how the site changes over the next two years, in just a few seconds.

In addition to Laura's comments, how many pictures of a building site do you want? But we'll endeavour to give you more pictures of diggers and cranes (and faster) if that's what floats your boat!

Last edited:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
The reason the goals aren't uploaded sooner is that there is a 24-hour embargo on them being aired on the internet, this is imposed by the Football League and part of their agreement with Sky Sports and ITV (although BBC will replace from next season). The new BBC deal will also allow them to show goals online from next season (but again on a 24 hour embargo. It is also worth nothing on Saturday nights there is likely to be a FL MOTD show, after the Premiership edition, similar to the Championship. Whether they extend this to midweek, when there is a full programme of fixtures I don't know. BBC Online will include goals, plus audio from Radio Sussex, so it should be quite an interesting site for FL club fans. At a recent seminar at FLHQ I suggested that they investigate making the commentary free to air - either sponsored or with the BBC paying for rights, or even a mixture of both - but it seemed to fall on deaf ears. For now World is here to stay, in terms of video content and audio - but personally I don't think it will be long before clubs are offering this content for free. Portsmouth and other PL clubs already do this, while some offer it free to season ticket holders or members. Cardiff are the only FL club to have done this so far.

Also, Seagulls World is just the video content and live match commentary, everything else (seagulls.co.uk) is free to all. So you don't pay for the content there, such as Falmer pictures. From May onwards there will be a live feed from the site (free to all) updated every 15 minutes, with an archive. In time this will also include a time-lapse facility so fans can watch how the site changes over the next two years, in just a few seconds.

In addition to Laura's comments, how many pictures of a building site do you want? But we'll endeavour to give you more pictures of diggers and cranes (and faster) if that's what floats your boat!

This article from back in 2007 states that 10 championship matches will be shown live on terrestrial television from next season (2009/2010)! Do you know if since then they have decided to show any games from the lower divisions?

The BBC will screen live Football League matches from 2009 for the first time since the foundation of the Premier League after striking a joint deal with Sky that will bring 10 live Championship matches a year and the Carling Cup final to terrestrial television.

The three-year deal worth £264m is a major boost for the Football League, which has more than doubled its TV rights revenue and will enjoy the increased exposure brought by terrestrial coverage. Sky will screen 65 exclusively live league matches every year, the play-offs including all three finals, the first five rounds of the Carling Cup and the Johnstone's Paints Trophy.

As well as the Carling Cup final the BBC will also have live coverage of one leg from each of the semi-finals, and show a weekly Football League highlights programme. The corporation has also secured broadband rights which it will promote via its regional website network.

For the BBC the deal helps fill the yawning gap in its sports schedules left by the loss of England and FA Cup football to Setanta and ITV. It does however appear to go against the corporation's stated aim of focusing solely on "crown jewel" events in the sporting schedule.

The Football League chairman Lord Mawhinney said: "We are delighted to be continuing our strong partnership with Sky Sports and are excited by the prospect of working closely with the BBC. I am grateful to them both for their recognition of the value that the Football League brings to the football marketplace.

"Over the last few years the League's standing has been enhanced, both commercially and competitively, as we have delivered real football for real fans. This deal recognises that fact: £88m a year coupled with unparalleled coverage on Sky and the BBC will provide a fantastic boost to Football League clubs and their supporters."

Vic Wakeling, the managing director of Sky Sports, said: "We shall be covering at least 95 live matches each season from all Football League competitions - including all the play-off semis and finals - under this new agreement, and are delighted to be so deeply involved yet again in a competition which continues to attract a growing audience at every level. The fans love what they see, and so do we."

Roger Mosey, director of BBC Sport, added: "We're delighted to be entering a partnership with the Football League. This adds to our football portfolio of Match of the Day, Euro 2008 and the World Cups of 2010 and 2014. The agreement is a terrific development in the way we work with Football League clubs across England and Wales - bringing fans the best action across our range of services."

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
My apoligies, I didn't really mean that, it's easier to insult someone if you think they're not going to read it. Your photos were lovely.

I don't want to see any pictures of diggers or cranes. Over the last month I wanted to see a road being built, visually progressing week by week.

Over the next few months I want to see a hole in the ground that gradually gets bigger, the Uni buildings disappearing, footings being laid and some steel rising out of the ground. All with a bit of continuity thrown in for good measure.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
I don't want to see any pictures of diggers or cranes. Over the last month I wanted to see a road being built, visually progressing week by week.

Over the next few months I want to see a hole in the ground that gradually gets bigger, the Uni buildings disappearing, footings being laid and some steel rising out of the ground. All with a bit of continuity thrown in for good measure.

You will, fear not!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It is eractic and content, especially old school stuff not updated enough.

Yeah, I wish there were much more updates of classic matches - it's been two whole months since they stuck that Dean Saunders goal v Peterbrough on!

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
great to hear about the camera being active soon, and the time-lapse feature sounds groovy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here