Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls world on iphone/andriod?

gizza25

Swedish Seagull
Jan 17, 2011
Lövestad/Sweden
Will be purchasing a new phone in a couple of weeks, just wondered which phone will i be able to listen to seagulls world on when the team are playing. Never had a iPhone or whatever else there is?
A friend was showing off this iPhone to me, and when i tried to get seagulls world, i couldn't, "it will not have flash player "(i think that's what he said).
Be great if it could just fit in the pocket, not a big screen thingy (not sure what there called)
Any advice will be appreciated.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
AFAIK, Apple don't deal with Adobe. My Galaxy S2 does however, but I don't know whether it can work. Sorry for the lack of information. But I'm certain it'll work on android.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Before the Apple vs Android scrap kicks off I would like to point out that Flash is no longer supported on new Android devices as Adobe have pulled it. If you can find it in shady ways it can be installed, but it's not on the play store anymore.

judewri

Oct 7, 2003
west sussex
I've got an iPhone - downloaded photon - seagulls world including commentary works fine -cost me something like £1.69 for app !!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Before the Apple vs Android scrap kicks off I would like to point out that Flash is no longer supported on new Android devices as Adobe have pulled it. If you can find it in shady ways it can be installed, but it's not on the play store anymore.

How wrong the doomsayers were predicting iPhone and iPad demise for dropping Flash. It was a processor hungry, battery draining beast of software that deserved a far quicker death than it got. Thank goodness someone had the guts to take a stand knowing the mobile world could cope without it.

bhabloke

Oct 18, 2003
Mile Oak
I find it really surprising that seagulls player still relies upon flash. I have the photon app so I can listen whilst at work. However, now that there is no support on either platform, surely seagulls player are now looking at an alternative? Does anyone know if this is the case?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Flash won't work on my Android phone (HTC), and didn't on the one I had before (Samsung). If you put the Football League app on your iphone, that gets the FL video content.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I have a Samsung Galaxy note (although should work on any Android phone, although this thread suggests overwise) on contract from £23.50 a month on Orange. Assuming you have a wi fi connection you can listen to Seagulls World (again assuming you subscrbe to seagulls world or live within FM range) for any of the games

If you buy one of these bad boys and connect via Bluetooth to your phone, you can listen to it at volume as well which is great if you are pratting around the house (NSC Amazon link below)

FoneM8® - Android Robot Bluetooth Handsfree And Music: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
you will be able to listen to it alright ..................................if the burks at SCR remember to switch it on
technology eh! fantastic stuff but if one person does not remember to flick a switch none of can hear a bloody thing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was listening to the Burnley game commentary on my iPhone whilst lying in the sun at in the gardens at Bristol Zoo on Saturday.

As above, Photon, is your friend. Quick and easy.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Iphone 4s and above have flash.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
I find it really surprising that seagulls player still relies upon flash. I have the photon app so I can listen whilst at work. However, now that there is no support on either platform, surely seagulls player are now looking at an alternative? Does anyone know if this is the case?

I emailed them a couple of days ago funnily enough, asking this question. This was their response:-

"Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately the Seagulls player site has not yet developed for iPad, If this happens, we will notify you as soon as possible via the home page.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused."

Doesn't sound like they are developing it anytime soon then! I know very little about this stuff but asked if some BBC clips on their website and iPlayer can be viewed on iPhones and iPads why can't they use the same technology?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The real question here is why the hell are people still developing media websites with Flash. It's DEAD and only good for playng rubbish games. Get rid!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I emailed them a couple of days ago funnily enough, asking this question. This was their response:-

"Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately the Seagulls player site has not yet developed for iPad, If this happens, we will notify you as soon as possible via the home page.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused."

Doesn't sound like they are developing it anytime soon then! I know very little about this stuff but asked if some BBC clips on their website and iPlayer can be viewed on iPhones and iPads why can't they use the same technology?

They can, it's infact easier and better for everyone if companies don't use flash. But it would require a period of change which costs MONEY. So they'll just stay using Flash until it gets to the point where they've got to change in order to make more money... which hopefully will be very soon!

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
I've got an iPhone - downloaded photon - seagulls world including commentary works fine -cost me something like £1.69 for app !!!

This. Bit jerky but watchable

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here