Seagulls Over Burwash - Club representatives and players in attendance

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
:flameboun

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Not likely to be the city of Heathfield, as 50% of all the pubs in the metropolis are closed at the moment!!

Apparently the Crown will be reopening soon though.

Nice to hear about the Crown. Happy memories of there in early-mid 1980s. They used to have tobacco you could buy in the bar and smoke in clay pipes! Great stuff.

Hows the Prince of Wales??

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
The Prince is doing ok. the recent new owners seem to be making a go of it.

It is the pub of choice for all residents of Heathfield (ok its the only pub in town)

RSBLUEANDWHITEARMY

Aug 5, 2009
North Stand
I've always had bad memories of The Crown whenever I have been in there. Is it going to be under new ownership now?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've always had bad memories of The Crown whenever I have been in there. Is it going to be under new ownership now?

It's gonna be a restraunt type place. Apparently a fair few years back it used to be brilliant but it's not good anymore - nobody seems to go there. Last time i went there to see a band i was only there 10mins and a f***ing massive brawl kicked off :ohmy:

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
The same ones LB!! Ah yes the Arwenack now thats a hotel, don't think I've ever stayed anywhere that looked so much like a bad 1970's Michael Caine film in all my life. Dave the owner what a legend!!

Are you the lads that used to tour Cornwall every year, staying at the Arwenack Hotel in Falmouth?

They still talk about you there.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Hope it goes well tonight..... :thumbsup:

Cheers mate, its all about getting people involved with the Albion locally again, those of us diehards have always known about the potential of this club. Its time to move it on and get all these kids out of their Chelsea and Man United tops and down to the Amex!! :albion2::amex::albion1:

Seagulls Over Burwash

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hope it goes well tonight..... :thumbsup:

The pen is poised Cecil, don't you worry...

( I will also point out you may need 2 coach seats yourself Ces) :laugh:

The same ones LB!! Ah yes the Arwenack now thats a hotel, don't think I've ever stayed anywhere that looked so much like a bad 1970's Michael Caine film in all my life. Dave the owner what a legend!!
His wife has just acquired a couple of dachsunds. Dave calls them Adolph and Eva.

The man lives up to all that is great in south coast seaside hotel proprietorship.

And his high cholesterol breakfasts are to die for.

Sussex Flag

We Wunt be Druv
Sep 13, 2010
Sussex
I think its great that you are setting this up.
I have designed a few logos.

Seagulls over Burwash...
burwash1.bmp

If you decide to include Heathfield in the name to attract people from there...
burwash2.bmp

and just to add a little Sussex dialect...
burwash3.bmp

Hope you like!

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Superb, like those :bowdown: might incorporate one of those when I set up the website

I think its great that you are setting this up.
I have designed a few logos.

Seagulls over Burwash...
burwash1.bmp

If you decide to include Heathfield in the name to attract people from there...
burwash2.bmp

and just to add a little Sussex dialect...
burwash3.bmp

Hope you like!

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Just a quick thank you to everyone who turned up last night, we had over 60 people there which was an incredible effort, Richard Hebberds presentation was superb and again enough can't be said about the quality and detail that is going into our new ground.

The main aspect of the evening was to launch the new supporters club and talk about potential travel and ticketing arrangements. It’s looking highly likely that the club will get near to selling the 15K season tickets they require but the price structure will surprise a lot of people (in a good way!) and there will be many flexible ways to pay. Each season ticket holder will be given the chance to tour the stadium and be allotted an extra 3 season tickets that can be sold to friends and family. There will also be some sort of deal that incorporates the last half of the season at Withdean that will soon be announced.

From a supporters club point of view the football club are very keen for these sort of organisations to become affiliated with them and will do everything they can to accommodate them. This will even extend hopefully to subsidising the coach travel on match days which I think is an excellent idea.

There will be separate sections in the Amex to accommodate different types of fans. Obviously there will be a family area, but what interested me is that the club are going to openly encourage a more vocal stand that will be more lenient in terms of what can and can't be said! In other words don't sit there if you get offended easily, other stands will be less tolerant.

All concourses will be open after every game to allow fans to mingle and enjoy a pint after the game. On that note Harvey’s and Dark Star will be available on tap fresh from the barrel:thumbsup: The away fans section will be colour coded to match that teams colours with projections of their most famous players on the walls. They will even get their own local beer (depending on the county) available to buy at the bars!!

The stadium can be increased to accommodate 30K by simply filling the corners in and 35K by adding an extra tier to the east stand. I'd say that if the club continues on its current upward curve that 30K stadium is probably not that far away.

All in all a highly successful night :albion1:

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I tell you what the ARS will not like this splinter group setting up.

It will get heavy at Peterborough away and blood will be spilt...........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here