Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls on Sky

upnorthnow

Feb 4, 2004
SK13
i can't get to Swindon on the 16th as i have to be In London, somebody said on NSC it was going to be on Sky. I am hoping to a)check in to a hotel that has Sky or b) find a pub with it on.

Can anyone tell me what channel it is on please, i don't want to check in to some hotel to find their Sky subscription only gets them Nickleodeon and QVC!

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
northernlad said:
i can't get to Swindon on the 16th as i have to be In London, somebody said on NSC it was going to be on Sky. I am hoping to a)check in to a hotel that has Sky or b) find a pub with it on.

Can anyone tell me what channel it is on please, i don't want to check in to some hotel to find their Sky subscription only gets them Nickleodeon and QVC!

You're best off finding a pub - very few hotels with Sky/cable have anything other than Eurosport and Sky Sports News.

Even if they do, they are unlikely to have all four Sky Sports channels available for you.

kevinsmith

Jan 25, 2004
Portslade
northernlad said:

SKY SPORTS 1 I understand

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
i heard it was sky sports 2 which, funnily enough, our hotel in chester had in the room, it was one of only five sky channels it had and the only sport one. strange.

MRRF 10

the full harris said:
i heard it was sky sports 2 which, funnily enough, our hotel in chester had in the room, it was one of only five sky channels it had and the only sport one. strange.

nope, on ss1

Sky Sports has confirmed eight live matches from the Nationwide League Play-Offs.

The eight semi-final ties will be broadcast over seven days, starting with Crystal Palace v Sunderland from the first Division on Friday May 14.

The live matches scheduled are:

· Friday May 14 Crystal Palace vs Sunderland
First Division Play-Off Semi-Final First Leg k/o 8pm on Sky Sports 1

· Saturday May 15 Ipswich Town vs West Ham
First Division Play-Off Semi-Final First Leg k/o 12.15pm on Sky Sports 1

· Saturday May 15 Hartlepool Utd vs Bristol City
Second Division Play-Off Semi-Final First Leg k/o 6pm on Sky Sports 1

· Sunday May 16 Swindon Town vs Brighton
Second Division Play-Off Semi-Final First Leg k/o 4pm on Sky Sports 1

· Monday May 17 Sunderland vs Crystal Palace
First Division Play-Off Semi-Final Second Leg k/o 8pm on Sky Sports 1

· Tuesday May 18 West Ham vs Ipswich Town
First Division Play-Off Semi-Final Second Leg k/o 7.45pm on Sky Sports 1

· Wednesday May 19 Bristol City vs Hartlepool Utd
Second Division Play-Off Semi-Final Second Leg k/o 7.45pm on Sky Sports 1

· Thursday May 20 Brighton vs Swindon Town
Second Division Play-Off Semi-Final Second Leg k/o 7.45pm on Sky Sports 1

Following these live Semi-Final Play-Offs, Sky Sports will broadcast all three Nationwide League Play-Off Finals live from the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff over the Bank Holiday weekend; the First Division Final on Saturday May 29, Second Division Final on Sunday May 30 and Third Division Final on Monday May 31.

The Play-Off Semi-Finals kick off 16 live games in 11 days on Sky Sports, including two simultaneously live matches on the last day of the Barclaycard Premiership, two matches from Spain's La Liga on the league's final weekend, the FA Cup Final and Tennents Scottish Cup Final, the Nationwide Conference Final and - for the first time - the UEFA Champions League Final.

Vic Wakeling, Sky Sports' Managing Director commented: "The Play-Offs can be cruel, and I have sympathy with those who argue about the fairness of it all, but these games always provide some of the most dramatic football of the season. We are delighted to be able to schedule so many of them live.

"We are always working to provide quantity and quality on all five Sky Sports channels, and with so much at stake, and with so many good teams playing in these eight games I think we can guarantee both - all the way to Cardiff."

This summer Sky Sports will screen: The FA Summer tournament between England, Japan and Iceland in June; 35 live games from the Copa America during July; the Amsterdam Tournament between Arsenal, Panathinaikos, Ajax and River Plate live in July/August and the Vodafone Cup between Manchester United, Boca Juniors, PSV Eindhoven & Urawa Red Diamonds live at Old Trafford in the first week of August.

upnorthnow

Feb 4, 2004
SK13
thanks for that, i had thought about the sports cafe but thought i might be on my own. Sounds like thats the place to be..

Up the Albion

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bit of a bummer for fans of teams in the Third Division play offs then...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here